My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Government legislation stopping on line supermarket from displaying my favourites....

29 replies

Shareornotwhocares · 03/10/2022 11:32

Did not even know this was a thing! A step too far......

Government legislation stopping on line supermarket from displaying my favourites....
OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

34 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
18%
You are NOT being unreasonable
82%
YellowTreeHouse · 03/10/2022 13:21

It’s absolutely ridiculous. Just because some people lack of self control and weight problems it’s now affecting the majority of people who don’t.

Shareornotwhocares · 03/10/2022 13:35

I'm one of the ones its probably trying to help as I have a weight problem - but it will do sweet FA as I'll just add it from the main shopping - just a PITA as I'll get to the "favourites" page and realise the stuff missing so go back and get it.

When I buy crap in the supermarket not having it advertised won't change me feeling like a biscuit/cake/chocolate bar/bag of cookie dough. I suppose I may burn off a few extra calories going to fetch it

OP posts:
JustFrustrated · 03/10/2022 14:34

Ahhh HFSS in action and people, who understandably it passed by, are now noticing it. Day 1 and it's already crap.

It's only going to get more confusing. Suppliers and stores alike aren't entirely sure what they can and can't do.

Also, expect your favourite things to start tasting different if they're on promotion!

WrongWayApricot · 03/10/2022 18:18

Yeah that's annoying. I'm not fat because of the checkout suggestions. I'll probably get even worse suggestions now. Remember when you once bought tip-ex? Want it offered to you every week for two years? 😑

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.