Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To feel violated he lied about sleeping with me?

3 replies

Pixxiie · 30/09/2022 18:21

I’ll call best friend Cal. I’ve never so much as had a flirty interaction with him. He has a girlfriend who I get on with really well. We’re all part of a large friendship group, in our late 20s, been friends for years and lived together in uni. I

It was mentioned by another friend in our group recently that me and Cal used to sleep together in uni and beyond! I denied it, but this friend just said that Cal told him frequently that we did.

… the thing is I’ve NEVER slept with Cal. Ever. Never one inappropriate interaction between us. Never flirted, never even complimented each other.

I confronted Cal and he shrugged his shoulders and said “yeah” when I asked if he had lied. When I asked why he said “people always lie about stuff like that”

wtf? I’m so upset about this and I feel like the rest of the group thinks it’s me that’s lying - not him!

OP posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

Dacadactyl · 30/09/2022 18:24

I would be reassessing my friendship with the lot of them...particularly this arsehole Cal

Please
or

SoftwareDev · 30/09/2022 18:27

That’s outrageous! Him attempting to downplay it is beyond immature. Sounds like he’s not grown up past 14.

I’d cut him off and anyone that chose to believe him. You don’t need “friends” like that!

Please
or

BertieQueen · 30/09/2022 18:30

I wouldn’t be talking to Cal again and when everyone asked why I would be telling them exactly why.

I would also be reassessing my friendships with the others who don’t believe you.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?