Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Do you let things go?

3 replies

dottypotter · 25/09/2022 20:32

Do you let things go if you can't be bothered to complain?
What do you feel you could have complained about lately but couldn't be bothered or didn't have time?

OP posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

Thejoyfulstar · 25/09/2022 20:45

I hate complaining. If it's about my kids I do it but rarely about myself unless I feel like I've really been put out.

Last me, me, DH and the kids went to a large chain restaurant. DH and I always share our food so when his dish came, I took a chopstick and went to split the the contents in half. A long black hair immediately became apparent. I fished it out just as a waiter was walking past. He silently took the plate away and came back later with another. Another member of staff came over to apologise but it put me off the rest of the food. I was expecting some kind of discount, but not only did I not get that but I was actually charged for a beer I hadn't even ordered. I pointed out the mistake about the beer and left it at that. I just couldn't be bothered.

A few years ago I was going through a very stressful period. Without going into details, I booked a cleaner through an agency. I stupidly left my key for her and she let herself in while I was at work. She texted me to say that my apartment was too dirty to clean. When I came back she had left a dirty rug in my baby's cot and hadn't emptied any of the wastepaper bins. I had booked her for 4 hours for a 3 bed flat. We had 2 small kids at the time and I felt so, so ashamed. I never complained to the company as I felt so upset. My husband said that our place was absolutely not too dirty to clean, was just a busy family home. Looking back he was right but I was just so affronted. We found a lovely cleaner who had no problems cleaning our apartment in that time and doing other jobs too.

Please
or

girlfriend44 · 25/09/2022 20:46

Sometimes I can't be bothered. It can get stressful.
Depends what it is?

Please
or

Hibernationsetting · 25/09/2022 20:48

I weigh up whether it will make me feel better to complain, or worse. Then I act based on that. If complaining won’t benefit me, or the strain of it will not outweigh any positive outcome, no. I let it go.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?