My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Who takes the hit if you complain to Deliveroo?

20 replies

HelloAvocado · 22/09/2022 14:31

Had a tricky interview this morning and thought I'd celebrate it being over by ordering a pizza for lunch from our local restaurant. What the Deliveroo man brought was this-

I think the delivery guy had been carrying it on its side. It wasn't really edible so a waste of money (as well as all the topping having come off and the base folded up, it was somehow wet as well.)

I'd like to complain but I don't want the restaurant to lose out because they presumably made a nice pizza. And I don't really want the delivery guy to lose out because they don't make a lot. What I'd really like is for someone to tell the delivery guy not to carry pizza that way and for Deliveroo plc to pick up the cost, but presumably that won't happen. I should just leave it, yes?

YABU- complain.
YANBU- don't complain as either the restaurant or the delivery man will have to cover it.

Who takes the hit if you complain to Deliveroo?
OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

54 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
83%
You are NOT being unreasonable
17%
underneaththeash · 22/09/2022 14:36

Of course you should complain. That’s not edible.

HappyHamsters · 22/09/2022 14:40

That looks bloody awful. You need to complain to Deliveroo.

hothorses · 22/09/2022 14:43

Maybe contact the restaurant first? You might get a quicker response. I'm not sure, but I'm assuming it wasn't cheap so that really isn't on.

Dodgygeezer · 22/09/2022 14:54

As a former pizza delivery person i can tell you that's been dropped from height.

Delivery guy should have gone back to the restaurant amd explained and begged them to make another, not carried on as if nothing has happened

JauntyJinty · 22/09/2022 14:59

Why do you thing deliveroo should pay? They provided their part of the service correctly

andtheweedonkey · 22/09/2022 15:10

JauntyJinty · 22/09/2022 14:59

Why do you thing deliveroo should pay? They provided their part of the service correctly

Really?

I mean, it did arrive...but it looks like it's been in an accident.
It's not what you'd describe as "restaurant" quality if that's what OP has paid for and is expecting.

It's for the restaurant and deliveroo to argue, but OP should get a refund.

ClinkeyMonkey · 22/09/2022 15:12

Looks like the delivery person dropped it off their bicycle then cycled over it a few times. I wouldn't hold back on complaining about this and I have put up with some seriously shoddy service in my time!

bodie1890 · 22/09/2022 15:16

I don't honestly know who takes the hit but you should complain regardless.

If the restaurant take the hit, they will reconsider their delivery options and maybe use someone else next time if enough people complain.

If deliveroo/ delivery driver take the hit then they deserve it as they should have been more careful/ trained their drivers better.

bodie1890 · 22/09/2022 15:18

Oh and remember - you're a customer not a charity! If they want your money they have to provide a decent service, which they haven't.

Floofboopsnootandbork · 22/09/2022 15:26

We’ve had a nightmare ordering pizzas recently. Yesterday we ordered from Pizza Hut through JustEat, our pizza was half hanging out the box and our cheese bites had all fallen out into the drivers bag. I said to him is there not a better way to carry it and he just struggled and walked off. Then last week we ordered from a local pizza place through Deliveroo and the driver handed the box to us UPSIDE DOWN!! I flipped it back over but the damage was already done.

Unfortunately you have to complain to get your money back or a new one sent but I’d say complain anyway. We got a full refund from pizza hut pretty much instantly as they hadn’t taken the money yet anyway and we called up the local place and they said I’d have to put a complaint in through Deliveroo to get a fresh one sent or a refund so we did but they also sent us some vouchers for money off next time.

Idk who takes the hit but I assume it’s a mix of everyone.

GoldenGorilla · 22/09/2022 15:28

Deliveroo takes a service fee from every sale, that’s why you pay more through them than ordering direct from the restaurant, so it’s up to them to pay when this kind of problem happens.

OneTC · 22/09/2022 15:45

Whoever takes the hit it shouldn't be you.

BigSandyBalls2015 · 22/09/2022 16:11

Deliveroo are very good at refunds. I had a wagamamas that had leaked all over the bag, and one dish was inedible as it was dry. Answered a few questions on the deliveroo app and got a refund straightaway.

Bubblebubblebah · 22/09/2022 16:14

Deliveroo of the business argues back. They will however first try to pin it on the food place.
Make sure your complaint is clear. This is a delivery issue.

LostAtTheCrossRoad · 22/09/2022 16:31

It's a bit messy but honestly? I'd happily eat that 🤷🏻‍♀️

phishy · 22/09/2022 16:35

It looks like labia pizza.

YellowTreeHouse · 22/09/2022 16:41

Nothings gonna happen. Deliveroo will give you your money back, the delivery guy will never hear anything of it and the restaurant will just receive a handful of refund receipts at the end of the week.

It doesn’t matter to anyone and nobody’s going to get in trouble or even be involved in your situation.

chesirecat99 · 22/09/2022 17:15

Either the restaurant or Deliveroo cover the refund, depending on whether it is the restaurant's fault (eg they forgot to include an item) or the driver's fault (eg spilled food).

help.deliveroo.com/en/articles/3293887-managing-refunds

I believe Deliveroo can withold the delivery fee from the driver if they are at fault.

girlfriend44 · 22/09/2022 17:16

Deffo say something that dosent look right or nice at all
Why should you keep quiet.

JauntyJinty · 23/09/2022 11:21

andtheweedonkey · 22/09/2022 15:10

Really?

I mean, it did arrive...but it looks like it's been in an accident.
It's not what you'd describe as "restaurant" quality if that's what OP has paid for and is expecting.

It's for the restaurant and deliveroo to argue, but OP should get a refund.

yes, really

Deliveroos job is place your order through with the restaurant and arrange a delivery driver. That happened.

It looks like the food was then made to a decent standard so the restaurant did their job right

The delivery driver then didn't have the gumption to know a pizza should be kept flat! I don't see that anyone execpt the driver is at fault - I know the pays crap but that doesn't mean you can just do an anful job and still expect full pay!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.