My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Taking Eventim to small claims court over tickets.

27 replies

QuestionableMouse · 22/09/2022 12:28

Sorry, this might be on the longer side!

I booked tickets for the Teesside Air show this year. Left Hartlepool at 9:30 (couldn't leave earlier due to an appointment!)

Due to the sheer and utter lack of planning, there wasn't enough parking, the traffic was absolute chaos and by 3pm we still hadn't reached the airport. Because I had two kids and my disabled mum in the car, we made the decision to turn around and head home.

The company decided to issue a refund as asked us to send our tickets back. I did, and have been waiting for a refund. I've contacted them several times and have been unable to speak to anyone. Then when I did speak to someone, they told me the tickets had been returned too late and I am ineligible for the refund - it's £45 all in iirc. I was never told this date and have the emails to prove that.

The tickets have just landed back at my house and are marked "not called for" by royal mail.

I'm considering taking Eventim to small claims court - they've been so utterly shit for the entire process and have obstructed the process as much as they can so they don't have to pay out. I'm deeply frustrated and honestly just want them to pay what they owe me!

Can I take them to small claims to get the money back? They haven't even apologised for the terrible planning!

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

28 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
54%
You are NOT being unreasonable
46%
QuestionableMouse · 22/09/2022 16:22

Sky Live just tell you to speak to Eventim. They won't engage past that.

My initial request for a refund was within 28 days and was sent as soon as they announced people who hadn't been able to actually get to the air show could ask for a refund.

It looks like the letter has been sitting (unopened!!!) at the return address and had just now been sent back to me. I sent it off in June and have been contacting them every few weeks since then.

I have tried social media and the posts are either deleted or ignored.

OP posts:
WagathaChristieMystery · 22/09/2022 17:16

Can you write to the Money columns in the papers? The Guardian, the Times and the Daily Mail all have money columnists who accept letters like this from readers every week. (These are just the papers I know of who definitely have these columns, but there may be others too that you could try).

Also, I strongly suggest you contact Citizens Advice about this, either by phone or in person, as they should be able to advise you (and it’s free).

Also, maybe contact the Financial Ombudsman?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.