My feed

to access all these features


To think I’m never gonna get this money back?! 😡

7 replies

Juice764 · 20/09/2022 14:40

Booked a hotel on in Switzerland in June, for September. Cancelled it a couple of days later. I have an email saying “you will not be charged”.

When the September date came I’ve been charged £500 for it. I have proof saying it had been cancelled and I’ve sent over all the details I’ve needed.

I’ve called them every single day for over a week, and I keep getting the same “sorry for the inconvenience” and “we are dealing with it”. Every day I get an email from a new advisor asking for screenshots of specific things, which I have already sent over multiple times.

I’m now in my overdraft - £500 is almost my whole rent and it’s an absolute joke. I feel like I’m at a loss as the phone calls keep going the same way.

What else can I do?!

OP posts:
dementedpixie · 20/09/2022 14:41

What sort of card?
Can you do a chargeback through your card provider instead?

Juice764 · 20/09/2022 14:41

Just a standard debit card! So would I just contact my bank instead?

OP posts:
purplecorkheart · 20/09/2022 14:44

Contact your bank. You can do a chargeback on debit card as well.

dementedpixie · 20/09/2022 14:45

Yes, do a debit card chargeback through your bank. You actually get more protection from using a credit card for transactions over £100 but hopefully the bank will be able to help you as you have evidence to show you've tried to get your money back

Aubriella · 20/09/2022 14:46

That's terrible. Why not tweet them? They username is bookingcom .

dementedpixie · 20/09/2022 14:48
SummerInSun · 20/09/2022 15:55

I appreciate it doesn't help now, but this is why you should always, always, do this sort of thing in a credit card. That way the credit card company will just give you your money back and fight with the merchant, and the credit card company is vastly more powerful than you are as it is a repeat player.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.