Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To feel robbed by love holidays

194 replies

Chloefairydust · 06/09/2022 05:10

So in May me and my partner booked a holiday with love holidays, regrettably. Their customer service is non existent. They cancelled our flights after we had already paid for them, and never rebooked flights. We couldn’t contact them to reorganise our flights, so we ended up having to organise our own flights thinking we could get a partial refund on the holiday as obviously they never organised our flights. However there’s no way of getting in touch with them and they basically owe us £1400 . I have come to accept I’m never going to see that money again. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

WhizzFizz · 06/09/2022 14:43

Loveholidays are NOT a package tour operator like Jet2 or Tui, they are simply a booking agent.

SheeWeee · 06/09/2022 14:53

Chloefairydust · 06/09/2022 14:14

Yeah the flights got cancelled before we were contacted by the airline itself, the web chat thing with them was when they told us the times of the flights and the airline which am sure was American Airlines. But we were never sent anything my American Airlines themselves. At the time my partner contacted them through the web chat thingy and said that he wanted to see confirmation with the airline and they told him he would here from the airline closer to his holiday. So we just had to take love holidays word for it basically. The flights were then cancelled before we got any official confirmation of the flights. The whole thing was very strange. Lots of messages were left by my partner on web chat to try to sort it out and they basically just fobbed him off every time. He screenshot all the chats so there is a lot of evidence. I’m thinking the small claims court might be the best option although we will definitely try twitter too.

Nope. That's complete nonsense. I've booked loads of times with Love Holidays and that isn't even slightly how it all works!

When you book, you pick your specific flights. All the information is there BEFORE you book and pay. Then you get emails detailing exactly what you have booked, with all of the flight details. As well as that, all of the details are available in the "manage my booking" section on the website, which you can access at any time.

They can't possibly have only told you the times etc on the "web chat thingy". You didnt need confirmation from AA, as you had it all from LH, and you could have logged into your AA booking with the details they provided to you.

All this stuff about twitter and small claims court...you can't do any of that if you have no idea what you booked and paid for!! How did you know the flights were cancelled if you didn't know what flights you had booked?
None of what you are saying makes the slightest sense and you can't chase refunds when you don't know what you booked and paid for.

Northernsoullover · 06/09/2022 14:56

To me it's sounds like your partner simply can't be arsed with this and wants you to make everything alright. Talk about mental load!

Chloefairydust · 06/09/2022 15:42

Just spoke to partner and he said the flights were actually cancelled twice. The first time after they were cancelled the rep phoned to say they were cancelled and asked for another £200 to book more flights. Then those flights were booked and cancelled again. We were then left with no flights but they still had our money, and he couldn’t get through to anyone on the phone due to the automated system blocking the calls. So partner went through lots of web chats with various people that appeared to be based in India saying they would sort out our flights. We would have to wait a 5 days to a week for every message on the web chat to get 1 reply. After 4 weeks going back and forth like this 1 set of flights was offered which were totally unsuitable. Lots of interchanging flights which totalled I think over 12 hours waiting for flights in airports and by the time we would arrive at our destination it would be in the second day of our holiday paid for. It was literally the most awkward flights they could find. So my partner said that wasn’t acceptable asking them for other flights. And they never did arrange any more flights despite many tries through their web chat. It was just a complete nightmare.

Theres lots of other stories like ours on the Facebook complaints page. There’s even people who relied on love holidays to organise transfers to transport them from airports to their hotel and being let down and completely standard. Love holidays is certainly not to be trusted and hell would freeze over before we book with them again.

And all the flight cancellations ect were dealt with through love holidays flight team. Everything was through their website ect and we didn’t receive even one email from the airline themselves.

We have every conversation with them screen shot and have lots of evidence. Partner has all the details on his phone.

OP posts:

Chloefairydust · 06/09/2022 15:44

Stranded not standard

OP posts:

purplecorkheart · 06/09/2022 15:45

I still do not understand why he has not tried the bank?

SheeWeee · 06/09/2022 15:46

So you have all the screenshots of web chats regarding rebooking cancelled flights, but you don't have the emails detailing what those cancelled flights actually were? And you don't know who your flights were even booked with?

Come off it

Chloefairydust · 06/09/2022 15:46

We didn’t realise we could as hadn’t used credit card.

OP posts:

SheeWeee · 06/09/2022 15:48

Where's your booking vouchers?

Bubblebubblebah · 06/09/2022 15:53

I had cancellation email from airline and then went to LH.
Are you sure you were on actual legit LH website😳

Chloefairydust · 06/09/2022 15:53

Every communication was via love holidays themselves, not the airlines.

partner has all details and every communication screen shot through his phone so Im going to look into small claims court. It’s annoying having to pay out again a small court fee but I think we have a strong case due to all the evidence we have saved, and at this point I’m just angry and feel a company like this shouldn’t get away with stealing £1400

OP posts:

SheeWeee · 06/09/2022 15:55

Every communication was via love holidays themselves, not the airlines

Of course it was, that is who you booked it with! That doesn't answer why you don't have the booking confirmation, the booking vouchers you were sent, OR the details via manage my booking?

Sounds to me like the flights were cancelled, you turned down their offers of rebooking, and then you failed to ask the airline for your refund and can't find any of your booking details!

Bubblebubblebah · 06/09/2022 16:01

SheeWeee · 06/09/2022 15:55

Every communication was via love holidays themselves, not the airlines

Of course it was, that is who you booked it with! That doesn't answer why you don't have the booking confirmation, the booking vouchers you were sent, OR the details via manage my booking?

Sounds to me like the flights were cancelled, you turned down their offers of rebooking, and then you failed to ask the airline for your refund and can't find any of your booking details!

The cancellations from flights shoul have come to them directly as well though.
They book for you in your name

Chloefairydust · 06/09/2022 16:05

My partner has all the details saved.

The flight they offered us was completely unsuitable and we would have lost a day of our holiday and had to be sleeping in an airport if we would have accepted that.

we did try many many times to arrange different flights but it was like getting blood out of a stone. Love holidays is just such a difficult company to work with if there’s any problems. And even harder to get any form of refund from. They have basically stolen our money.

This was our experience, and I don’t get why you are arguing with me shewee, like do you work for them or something.🤨

OP posts:

Chloefairydust · 06/09/2022 16:08

Also might add booking flights independently was a much easier process and the flights were acceptable, arrived on our holiday first day of holiday, and didn’t have too long to wait between interconnecting flights. Makes me wonder why we even use holiday reps to start with. Adding the middle man causes more problems I think instead of making it easier like it should

OP posts:

SheeWeee · 06/09/2022 16:08

Bubblebubblebah · 06/09/2022 16:01

The cancellations from flights shoul have come to them directly as well though.
They book for you in your name

Since OP can't find any of the booking emails with the details, its logical to suggest she can't find the emails from the airline either.

They cancelled our flights after we had already paid for them, and never rebooked flights. We couldn’t contact them to reorganise our flights

but also:

The first time after they were cancelled the rep phoned to say they were cancelled and asked for another £200 to book more flights. Then those flights were booked and cancelled again. We were then left with no flights but they still had our money, ...... After 4 weeks going back and forth like this 1 set of flights was offered which were totally unsuitable. Lots of interchanging flights which totalled I think over 12 hours waiting for flights in airports and by the time we would arrive at our destination it would be in the second day of our holiday paid for. It was literally the most awkward flights they could find. So my partner said that wasn’t acceptable asking them for other flights

So they did rebook the flights and tried to do a third time, which is very different to they never did anything. Also, LH didn't cancel the flights.

SheeWeee · 06/09/2022 16:10

Chloefairydust · 06/09/2022 16:05

My partner has all the details saved.

The flight they offered us was completely unsuitable and we would have lost a day of our holiday and had to be sleeping in an airport if we would have accepted that.

we did try many many times to arrange different flights but it was like getting blood out of a stone. Love holidays is just such a difficult company to work with if there’s any problems. And even harder to get any form of refund from. They have basically stolen our money.

This was our experience, and I don’t get why you are arguing with me shewee, like do you work for them or something.🤨

No, I don't work for them, I just know how booking works and you're talking nonsense. You said you booked flights but LH " were super vague" and you didn't know who they were with or any details. Which is not at all possible.

My guess is the reason you don't have a refund is that you have gone about it all wrong.

Chloefairydust · 06/09/2022 16:12

They were very unhelpful and offered 1 alternative set of flights which would have meant losing a day of our holiday and sleeping in an airport. Literally the most awkward flights they could find. When we said that was unacceptable they then did nothing and wouldn’t give us any other flights while holding onto our money.

OP posts:

Testina · 06/09/2022 16:14

As you don’t know what actually went on and your boyfriend does, it might be better if he’s the one asking on line?

Chloefairydust · 06/09/2022 16:15

Also there is no customer service. The only way I see if getting a refund from them is to go through a third party like small claims court. There is no way to get in touch with them. They are a really bad company.

OP posts:

SheeWeee · 06/09/2022 16:28

There are multiple phone numbers and different email addresses. I've spoken to their credit control and customer services recently....why do you keep lying?

Testina · 06/09/2022 16:28

But you said they responded via Chat - albeit very slowly. So at what point did your boyfriend stop messaging them to sort this out?

Do you think that at some point new flights were booked for you, and you then were no-shows? Which would explain why no refund has been forthcoming?

CeciliaMars · 06/09/2022 17:09

We went away with LoveHolidays earlier this year and they were good. They have a live chat - can you use that?

Chloefairydust · 06/09/2022 17:10

No new flights were booked by them, and there is no way to get in touch with them unless your within a week of your booked holiday. When you phone the number you get put through to an automated system and have to put in your love holiday reference number. Then this only puts your call through if you are within a week before your holiday (then expect a long wait in a que) Once your holiday starts the reference number doesn’t work at all and there is no way to talk to anyone. We tried very hard right up to the point of our holiday, causing us lots of stress. (A holiday shouldn’t be that stressful) .

the information they gave us on the flights included the times and the number of the actual flight. But we have no reference number for the actual airlines. I don’t know if airlines would have our details if we just have our names ect. There was no reference numbers for the actual flights booked. We just had to take love holidays word for it. And all we had was the love holiday reference number for our dealings with them. I don’t think that would mean much to the airlines.

OP posts:

Chloefairydust · 06/09/2022 17:14

The live chat was also blocked to us on the first day of our holiday. Once your holiday starts there is no way to get in touch with them.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?