My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Hsbc AIBU to think they don't want to help me?

7 replies

Mxflamingnoravera · 04/09/2022 13:41

I'm trying to log into my mum's hsbc account I have full POA and the app has worked fine for the last year or so with face recognition.
Now it wants a security code but I've lost all the codes I used to set up the account, I can't get through to them on the phone and I urgently need to access mg mums account to stop direct debits going out.

Are they the worst bank in the world. AIBU to move her account (only I can't because it's hers and I only have POA).
Does anyone know a way to get to speak to a real person to reset my passcodes and get back into her account. I'm at the end of my tether with sorting out my mums affairs having moved her from one care home to another. As if that isn't stressful enough, I now can't stop payments to the old home or set payments to the new one.
Every route I try gets me caught in a loop wanting something I don't have.

Anyone whose seen the number of posts I've made this week about one thing or another regarding my mother and her dementia will know how close to breaking point I am.

All I need is a phone number to speak to someone to reset it all. Failing that I'd like to know how to complain to them as they don't seem to have a complaints process either.

OP posts:
Loachworks · 04/09/2022 13:43

When we lost a password we needed to make an appointment in a branch to set it back up.

Cruisebabe1 · 04/09/2022 14:23

I used to work for HSBC. When dealing passcodes to reset security, go into a branch, take your POA ( if possible) also your passport and something with your address like a driving licence. This is now how fraud precautions are set . I know it’s frustrating and feel for you having to dash about. Hope you get on ok.

PenguinLove1 · 04/09/2022 14:47

Your POA should tell you if you have the power to open accounts- normally you do so move the account if you arent happy

AceSpades54321 · 04/09/2022 15:06

HSBC are awful. I moved accounts, lloyds have been fantastic. Try and move your mums account if you can.

Brogues · 04/09/2022 15:27

Go to your branch and they’ll sort it out. They will tell you to ring the phone service but let them know you have tried and they weren’t helpful. I spent an hour on the phone to them when my dongle thing ran out of batteries and had to try and remember passwords I had set up a decade before and they still couldn’t help and was just asked to ring back and try it all again! All sorted in the branch within 10 minutes and came out with a new dongle that the phone line said I couldn’t have.

Ligglepiggle · 04/09/2022 15:29

If you ring telephone banking and don’t put any details in it will go through to a person eventually

Mxflamingnoravera · 04/09/2022 21:00

Thanks everyone. I eventually found a number and called it. Was told it was the wrong number, because my mum pays for PREMIUM banking. So then I had to scrabble around and eventually found a premium banking number and eventually got past the robots. Finally I am back online via the app. It's taken the equivalent of a day's work (8 hours) to get back into the account.

I'm going to talk to my bank to see if I am allowed to move her account, she doesn't have capacity to decide for herself unfortunately. But as far as I can see HSBC have advised her poorly throughout her whole time banking with them.

At least that is one stressor off the list. Back to finding her a phone she can only receive on, keeping her calm, and holding down a new job all with a sciatica at 10/10 on pain. I am feeling a bit (lot) poor me today, but I have solved one problem at least.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.