My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To expect a bit of sympathy from my DH !

7 replies

sickmumm · 03/09/2022 08:06

When he's unwell, OMG. So much drama. It's like the world has ended.

We are away at the moment, so it's less than ideal. But I started the week with the period from hell. Just constantly leaking everywhere. Bleeding so much, I ended up googling if your period can cause you to bleed to death. Massive headaches and period pains too. I got no sleep at all. Small baby to take care of during the night too.

Anyway, then I was hit with a stomach bug or something, two days ago. D and V, pretty much constant. Massive headache because of dehydration. I pulled myself together yesterday and went to the beach and also out for dinner and just generally really trying to get about and be OK. No sympathy from my DH at all. Spent all night again in the toilet and am exhausted.

If this was the other way around, he would have stayed in bed and whinged the entire time.

OP posts:
Afterfire · 03/09/2022 08:07

Can you go home and leave him to it with the dc?

Poor you, it sounds awful.

RainbowsMoonbeams · 03/09/2022 08:24

Poor you. Heavy periods are just awful, and to deal with a small baby and a stomach bug on top!

Yes, it’s not ideal, but you sound like you are really feeling poorly. Your DH needs to show some empathy and understanding!

Please don’t force yourself out and about just to please him. At the very least he should be taking baby out so you can rest.

AlexandriasWindmill · 03/09/2022 08:28

Stay in bed then. You don't need to be a martyr.

Shoxfordian · 03/09/2022 08:32

Stay in bed and he can take your child out
Is he usually this thoughtless?

Bubblebubblebah · 03/09/2022 08:39

Why would he have sympathy when you are still doing stuff like you are just midly unwell and not saying "nope, too ill, let me lie here, i can't go. Take kids"?
If he as saying he is too sick but still went out and aboit yet wanted sympathy, women would be raising eyebrows asking why when he is fine enough to go out. It goes for anyone.

justfiveminutes · 03/09/2022 08:53

I struggle to be sympathetic when people are ill. I know it doesn't say anything good about me but I find them annoying and even more so if they're spoiling something nice like a holiday. I'm sympathetic if they're properly ill but not when they are dragging themselves around and still moaning. You're either too ill to do stuff or you're not. But then I don't expect sympathy when I am ill either. I'd suggest going to bed and leaving him to it - if I was him that's what I'd prefer anyway.

Crunchymum · 03/09/2022 08:56

Get him to take care of baby and please don't spread your d&v about.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.