Mumsnet Logo
My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To be annoyed DH wants me home early to cook for him?

7 replies

Emprexia · 02/01/2008 12:43

DH doesn't normally go in to work until 8.15pm, unless he does overtime, and lately, he's been perfectly happy to cook for himself before he goes.

He went up to bed earlier and asked me to wake him up at 4pm, i told him i was going to my moms for the afternoon (which i am) and that i might not be here, so to set his alarm.

He replied "Well i hope you are here or i won't get anything to eat before i go to work."

Eh? has he suddenly become incapable of cooking? He knows if i go to moms i'm rarely back before 6pm, he's never needed me home before, why now? Has the fact we've ticked over into a new year suddenly rendered him incapable of feeding himself without me being here?

OP posts:

Misdee · 02/01/2008 12:45

maybe he wants to eat with you.

but set three alarms! lol.

dooley1 · 02/01/2008 12:46

maybe he feels peed off that e has to work tonight while you enjoy yourself at your mum's?

Hecate · 02/01/2008 12:48

did you ask him why he couldn't do it himself?

Tortington · 02/01/2008 12:49

how hard is it to pop it with a fork and wait for the ding?

Emprexia · 02/01/2008 12:54

Its because we've planned spaghetti bolognese.. but when we did that, we didn't know he'd be going in early.

usually i'd get back about 6ish and put it on straight away while he showers. but he has cooked this before going in early before.

I dont see why i should change my plans just because he wants to do a couple of hours overtime.

OP posts:

LoveMyGirls · 02/01/2008 12:56

Can you compromise? Haven't you got a slow cooker? Then it will be cooking while your out, he can help himself and theres still some left for you when you get home.

Emprexia · 02/01/2008 13:29

i just cooked it, lol, he can re-heat it when he gets up in a couple of hours.

now i have to go get DS dressed and get my butt moving else its not worth going out!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?