Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To think she looks NOWHERE near 35

papayaorange · 02/12/2021 18:52

Jenna Coleman in the Boots Christmas advert. Wow what a beautiful woman and does not look 35

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

Abitlost2 · 02/12/2021 19:36

She's beautiful! I saw her in "The serpent" and thought she looked late 30's which is still young so not surprised she is 35 tbh.

Please
or

GetTheFlockOutOfHere · 02/12/2021 19:36

@papayaorange

She is certainly pretty, but YABU to say she looks NOWHERE NEAR 35. She looks every bit a woman in her 30s. Maybe slightly younger than 35, like 31/32, but not much younger...

@kenko

I never understood why MN gets its knickers in a twist over the first anyway. It’s a fact that humans age.

This. ^

Everyone looks their age within 7-8 years. Most people look their age within 2-3 years. Why wouldn't they?

Like you say, there seems to be an obsession on mumsnet about looking young, and some posters are desperate for people to think they look young for their age. They also seem desperate for everyone on here to think everyone they meet comments on how YOUNG they look for their age.

Funny how you don't get many people on here saying people have mistaken them for 10 years older!

So utterly bizarre. As I said, no-one looks more than 7-8 years younger. Not when you look at them properly.

Please
or

Summerfun54321 · 02/12/2021 19:38

My skin used to look like that. Then I had kids and it melted my face.

Please
or

Electricdreams22 · 02/12/2021 19:39

I’m 30 and get told I look young ‘for my age’ which I do find amusing, as if it’s old 😂

Please
or

Abitlost2 · 02/12/2021 19:42

I do find it mental when i read threads and people in their 40's say they get mistaken for early 20's or a teenager!!! And they get id'ed , would you have to be under 18/21 to get asked for id??

Please
or

StrychnineInTheSandwiches · 02/12/2021 19:44

As I said, no-one looks more than 7-8 years younger. Not when you look at them properly.

I think some people can look significantly younger than their peers. But in old age, not in their 30s, 40s, 50s. I know a couple of 80 year olds who could pass for at least ten years younger and likewise I know 80 year olds who look much older than their years.

Please
or

Abitlost2 · 02/12/2021 19:44

@Summerfun54321 same!!

Please
or

StrychnineInTheSandwiches · 02/12/2021 19:45

@Abitlost2

I do find it mental when i read threads and people in their 40's say they get mistaken for early 20's or a teenager!!! And they get id'ed , would you have to be under 18/21 to get asked for id??

No, it's 25 in supermarkets.
Please
or

Matildatoldsuchdreadfullies · 02/12/2021 19:46

Freema Agyeman is my 22 year old dd’s girl crush. She’s beautiful, and looks well under 30, despite being 42.

Please
or

SussexBonfireViking · 02/12/2021 19:46

I'm lucky enough to go dog walking with these 2 beauties every other day (one of the dogs has since died, but the other one has some pups and we walk those now)

My friend owns the dogs

To think she looks NOWHERE near 35 To think she looks NOWHERE near 35 To think she looks NOWHERE near 35
Please
or

oviraptor21 · 02/12/2021 19:47

Had a look at her Insta and can't see that she looks less than 30s. Presumably some good lighting etc etc makes her look more youthful in the Boots ad .... but not necessarily prettier.

Please
or

StrychnineInTheSandwiches · 02/12/2021 19:47

oh they're absolute beauties, @SussexBonfireViking. I just love wolfhounds.

Please
or

Veeveeoxox · 02/12/2021 19:48

She's beautiful I hate the age comments I got told by my OH I look good and young for my age I'm 28 Hmm and he's 35 !!!

Please
or

Ibleedibreedibreaatfeed · 02/12/2021 19:50

I just nearly dropped the phone laughing in the bath at this! Same here!!!!

Please
or

NynaeveSedai · 02/12/2021 19:51

She looks gorgeous AND in her 30s. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Please
or

Blossomtoes · 02/12/2021 19:51

@StrychnineInTheSandwiches

As I said, no-one looks more than 7-8 years younger. Not when you look at them properly.

I think some people can look significantly younger than their peers. But in old age, not in their 30s, 40s, 50s. I know a couple of 80 year olds who could pass for at least ten years younger and likewise I know 80 year olds who look much older than their years.

I completely agree with this.

I also love your username. 💕
Please
or

CloudyStorms · 02/12/2021 19:52

She is 35 so she looks 35

Please
or

bluetongue · 02/12/2021 19:55

@Coffeeisnecessary

She is beautiful. But 35 isn't old looking anyway? My skin etc went downhill about 39 Grin

I have photos of myself at 35 where I look seriously young, more like 25 or younger.

I’m now 45 and feel like my age has caught up with me. Even without wrinkles it’s hard to avoid sagging, age spots from sun damage and aging to the neck Sad
Please
or

GetTheFlockOutOfHere · 02/12/2021 19:56

Oh yeah, whilst people generally don't look more than 7-8 years younger, I guess some MUCH older people - like 80-85 can look early to mid 70s. So like 10-13 years younger But they don't look 55! They still look 'elderly,' and as I say, not MASSIVELY younger..

Some posters on here would have us believe that they are often mistaken for 26/27 at 45! Like a generation younger! Shock Grin

Please
or

SussexBonfireViking · 02/12/2021 19:58

oh they're absolute beauties, *@SussexBonfireViking*. I just love wolfhounds.

Everyone thinks at first glance that they are wolfhounds, but they are actually deerhounds. Deerhounds are slightly smaller, more delicate (still huge) Wolfhounds are more stocky

Such amazing beautiful temperaments
Please
or

DerTrotzkopf · 02/12/2021 19:59

Exactly. What does a 35 year old look like. And one who has access to make up artists and the best skin care....What does a 40 year old look like for that matter Confused. Is there some kind of guide to tell us how many wrinkles constitutes a decent looking 35 or 45 year old ?

Please
or

ClubTropicanaVIP · 02/12/2021 20:01

She is a beauty but I’m sure make up, lighting and a bit of airbrushing will help. Although with all of that I’d still look like a jacket potato 😬

Please
or

Ozanj · 02/12/2021 20:01

I look younger than her at 41. It’s just genetics / sun protection / being hydrated and keeping fit.

Please
or

ShinyMe · 02/12/2021 20:02

@Splann

I thought you were going to say Jessie Cave (Lavender Brown actor from Harry Potter). She was on House Of Games this evening and I couldn’t believe she was 34 with kids similar ages to me. I’m a bit older than her but not that much but I could pass as her Mum Grin

Oh is THAT who that was?! I had no idea. I thought she looked like a random 6th former.
Please
or

Ozanj · 02/12/2021 20:07

[quote GetTheFlockOutOfHere]@StrychnineInTheSandwiches

Oh yeah, whilst people generally don't look more than 7-8 years younger, I guess some MUCH older people - like 80-85 can look early to mid 70s. So like 10-13 years younger But they don't look 55! They still look 'elderly,' and as I say, not MASSIVELY younger..

Some posters on here would have us believe that they are often mistaken for 26/27 at 45! Like a generation younger! Shock Grin[/quote]
Depends who you’re comparing. My Romany dad and my Indian mum look younger in their 60s than many light skinned white people in their 40s. My friend’s Mum is black and looks years younger at 85 than my friend who is mixed race and in her 50s

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.