My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask him to move his leg out of the photo?

20 replies

Oopsypoopsy2020 · 26/12/2019 20:57

Asked DP to move back as his knee was in shot of out baby in-front of the Christmas tree- his response ‘you are trying to write me out of history’

Erm no I just don’t want your knee in the photo!

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

124 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
14%
You are NOT being unreasonable
86%
JayAlfredPrufrock · 26/12/2019 20:58

It’s things like that which make a photo memorable

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz · 26/12/2019 21:00

Was a tad dramatic on his part. Are there many pics of him with the baby?

gamerchick · 26/12/2019 21:00

Why not just edit it out?

The erasing out of history makes him sound like an arse though, even though it made me chuckle. Is he worried you're going to ditch him or something?

dudsville · 26/12/2019 21:01

Omg, his response is so funny. Unfortunately it means he's feeling delicate and fragile though r ed garding your love of him though, doesn't it?

Stayawayfromitsmouth · 26/12/2019 21:02

Well you know what to do now. Go through all the family photos and photoshop them out. Present him the album for his birthday. Grin

Oopsypoopsy2020 · 26/12/2019 21:12

There’s loads of photos of him with the baby - more than there is of me because I take the photos. The next thing I asked him was if he wanted a photo in front of the tree with him, he declined 🤷🏻‍♀️

OP posts:
Inanothertime · 26/12/2019 21:21

Was he joking? Grin
Weird response if not! Crop him out of all photos in future!

DaphneFanshaw · 26/12/2019 21:23

Grin he is being a drama lama.
I would have asked him to move too.

Thelnebriati · 26/12/2019 21:23

Photoshop it back in and write CENSORED on it.

mamma536 · 26/12/2019 21:56

Omg my DH said exactly the same thing 🙄. DS is a toddler and impossible to photo well as he's always running around. When he paused to play with his presents (also rare!) It was a really classic shot so I took lots of photos of him with DH, then asked DH to move his feet out of shot so I could just capture just DS to send to family. He said "you're trying to write me out of history" and refused, planting his feet more prominently in shot. Then later looking at the photos he complained he couldn't find a good one with just DS. 🙄🙄🙄

Oopsypoopsy2020 · 27/12/2019 00:59

@mamma536 what was his family set up at a kid? just wondering if it was similar. 🤔

OP posts:
CalishataFolkart · 27/12/2019 01:07

If you want perfectly composed portraits go to a professional photographer and book a photo shoot. If you want photos of your family that capture a moment in time allow your partner’s limbs to exist in shot.

“Classic.” A “classic” photo is one on a wonky angle with half of it out of focus because you grabbed the camera just in time, not something edited and filtered to hell for Instagram perfection.

AtrociousCircumstance · 27/12/2019 01:09

Wow. He’s super pathetic.

WireBrushAndDettolMaam · 27/12/2019 01:11

Megan? Is that you? Wink

There must be a backstory. He’s not feeling that way for nothing.

Starksforthewin · 27/12/2019 01:36

WireBrush

Absolutely brilliant. Laughed my socks off at that.

mamma536 · 29/12/2019 15:47

Oopsypoopsy not sure what family setup means? DH has a small family and a sibling. None of his family care much for photos - there's almost none of him as a baby and the rest are quite sparse, concentrated around a few events or holidays. And all the photos they do have are not posed at all, mostly spontaneous, very few smiles, usually in the middle of some activity. They make me feel a bit sad tbh.

My parents on the other hand loved posing for photos so much, we have pretty much exactly the same shot of us in every photo down the years, big smiles standing in a row, just with different backgrounds. Not very spontaneous at all and very boring.

I try to get something in between with DS. @CalishataFolkart, not all of us use filters or instagram. I love wonky chaotic shots too. DS is so hyper that must of my attempts to photograph him are blurred shots of him running away from me. It's just unusual for us to see him sitting still and playing with toys rather than his bits, and smiling vaguely in our direction - I wouldn't have got this with a professional either. So yes I wanted one shot without DH's hairy feet in the background to send to my parents 🙄.

armitasp · 29/12/2019 16:05

or he could have just been having a bad day and gave a snap response which he later felt bad about.

Booberella9 · 29/12/2019 16:19

What a twat!

That is all Xmas Grin

Deathraystare · 29/12/2019 19:17

How about taking some photos of just his legs. They are obviously quite something huh? Put them in an album and then he can show them off with pride.

Oopsypoopsy2020 · 29/12/2019 21:56

@mamma536 that’s interesting there are hardly any photos of DP as a child either.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.