Mumsnet Logo
My feed

to access all these features


Laughing gas and neighbours son

28 replies

rumblefish23 · 20/12/2019 18:55

Long time lurker and my first post.

I don't want to give too many details, as I have just moved into our house.

At first we thought our neighbours son was a drug dealer. He isnt, he is selling laughing gas canisters. We know this as people in cars sit outside our house with balloons in their mouths (maybe a try before you buy!!).

We regularly try to park on our drive to find it blocked by someone waiting for their delivery. We have seen him with boxes from a van he parks on the road, cars pull up and he hands box to them.

This time of year he is obviously very busy!! My OH did confront someone buying from neighbour and they were apologetic and said they wouldn't be long. We have cars pulling up outside our house all hours.

I have had to stop my OH from knocking on their door, someone suggested reporting it to Crimestoppers.

My AIBU is should I keep my sticky beak out of what my neighbours son is doing and is it illegal.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?


You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

recrudescence · 20/12/2019 19:01

Have you considered undercutting him?


meow1989 · 20/12/2019 19:02

Unless hes selling it to chefs wanting to whip cream, it's illegal. I would report anonymously.

Also you say about people doing it in their cars, are they then driving off?? I know it's a short acting inhaled drug but still that seems worrying.


Instagrump · 20/12/2019 19:10

Get some CCTV. It'll scare the punters off. Secondly, report him to crimestoppers. It'll illegal and can cause death.


rumblefish23 · 20/12/2019 19:10

Driving off with balloons in theirs mouths, and they are not making balloon animals!!

OP posts:

Instagrump · 20/12/2019 19:12

It's scary that they're driving while under the influence of that crap. Very dangerous.


HundredMilesAnHour · 20/12/2019 19:14

I'd report him. It might not seem all that serious to you but people are driving under the influence because of your neighbour. I wouldn't be comfortable with this. Let the police decide if they should do something about it or not.


ILearnedItFromABook · 20/12/2019 19:16

It's illegal and it's already affecting you-- why wouldn't you report it (anonymously, of course)?

Why hesitate to report harmful illegal behaviour?


MyDressHasPockets · 20/12/2019 19:16

Report it to the police


MrsCasares · 20/12/2019 19:18

It’s a drug. Report to the police.


SirVixofVixHall · 20/12/2019 19:19

Agree. Report.


Sparklesocks · 20/12/2019 19:21

It’s weird they’re doing it in the car, from what I understand those laughing gas highs are very fleeting so it’s strange they’d do it just sitting in a car!
Best to report it if you have strong evidence.


MidnightCircus · 20/12/2019 19:32

Ah, hippy crack. It is technically illegal to sell/buy them without being a chef yes. It's short-lived but you shouldn't drive whilst doing one. Saying that, 30 seconds later, totally normal. Can deplete oxygen levels though, so can be pretty dodgy. I'd report it if you're concerned, does sound like it's a nuisance to you. Bit odd though, can buy the canisters on eBay so not sure why someone would be selling them anyway!


FruityWidow · 20/12/2019 19:38

Why are they buying from? You can get them from Amazon. Confused


FruityWidow · 20/12/2019 19:38

  • from him

LahndonTown · 20/12/2019 19:43

It's an offence to supply. It's not an offence if its for personal use, which it clearly isnt. Report him.


rumblefish23 · 20/12/2019 19:46

My AIBU is: it illegal and I should report, I don't know why they are buying from him, you can buy them from Amazon but they don't. Maybe I should ask the people who park over my drive and direct them to ebay/Amazon Smile

OP posts:

Illcallbacklater · 20/12/2019 20:11

What seems like ages ago now my sister was seeing a boy that did this, they buy from him because they don't have to order it to mum and dad's house, not all of them had a bank account to have an amazon account (16/17) and also they could get it there and then on the spot because they fancied it at the time.

I do remember a news story about a girl who did it at a festival and was partially paralysed because of the lack of oxygen to her brain IIRC, I'd report it


Soconfusedandlost · 20/12/2019 20:15

Also they don't generally buy them from Amazon eBay etc. they tend to steal supply from hospitals, dentists and places like that as it's stronger cos it's medical grade (only reason I know is because our local hospital was burgled)


Velveteenfruitbowl · 20/12/2019 20:18

How is that not drug dealing? Sorry if I’m being thick I just don’t know much about these things.


rumblefish23 · 20/12/2019 20:20

Why wait for ebay/Amazon to deliver when you can pick up straight away, funny people quizzing me about why these people don't buy off Amazon/ebay, oh yes I want to get high at 3am but Amazon don't deliver for 4 days and I haven't got Amazon Prime Grin

OP posts:

vassdal · 20/12/2019 20:48

Why wait for ebay/Amazon to deliver when you can pick up straight away, funny people quizzing me about why these people don't buy off Amazon/ebay, oh yes I want to get high at 3am but Amazon don't deliver for 4 days and I haven't got Amazon Prime

Sorry OP, I don't even need laughing gas. I'm pissing myself laughing at this and the idea of people showing outside your place and sitting in cars with balloons in their mouths.

Sorry for laughing. You should report it to the police.


brighteyeowl17 · 20/12/2019 20:58

Just report to police and get a camera


rumblefish23 · 20/12/2019 21:01

Smile vassdal when you ask AIBU about NDN selling laughing gas and I get quizzed about why they don't buy from Amazon/ebay, I have Amazon Prime maybe I can offer to buy for them so they don't sit outside my house Wink

OP posts:

AnyFucker · 20/12/2019 21:03

Stop moaning and report to the police

I don't understand why you haven't already


CornishPorsche · 20/12/2019 21:08

It is illegal to supply nitrous oxide for recreational purposes.

Psychoactive Substances Act 2016.

Phone the police.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?