My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To not want to pay for this nursery session?

11 replies

coffeeforone · 18/12/2019 18:57

I asked the nursery manager this morning at drop off if they were able to accommodate an extra session for DS2 on Friday as I had an unexpected work meeting and could do with going into the office. (I was originally meant to be on holiday and as DS2 has just started we only booked the actual days we needed in December as we're on holiday from Friday and the nursery is closed). She said she'd check with the staff and get back to me, she emailed at 10am to say Friday is fine.

She then called at 11am to say that he's had a couple of loose poos so could have a bug and could we pick him up and the 48 hour rule applies. (I don't think he actually has a bug as he's been fine all afternoon since DH picked him up and his nappies are often quite loose and that's normal for him). I did explain this but also understand the rule.

I was however surprised to receive Friday's 'extra session' invoice this evening, when she knows full well he can't attend. So I have to miss work tomorrow (extra holiday request), am now unable to go into the office on Friday. All fair enough, but the £80 extra session bill has really bugged me (excuse the pun)

AIBU?

OP posts:
coffeeforone · 18/12/2019 18:58

Sorry meant to say the nursery is closed next week. It's open on Friday of course!

OP posts:
NotOnMyWatchSunshine · 18/12/2019 18:58

Absolutely not a chance I'd pay that. You asked a question and it was answered, that's the extent of it surely? My nursery would never charge me for that.

lovemenorca · 18/12/2019 19:00

Pay the bill less Friday and then send a email to advise error on bill

Figgygal · 18/12/2019 19:01

They are trying it on absolutely not would I pay that

thebear1 · 18/12/2019 19:04

I would assume it was a billing error and point it out.

coffeeforone · 18/12/2019 19:06

Thanks! Glad others agree. Hopefully it's an error but I've spoken to her quite a bit today so you would think she'd remember! She did 'agree' to the extra session but it was only an hour before she excluded him for the suspected bug.

OP posts:
BlackWhitePurple · 18/12/2019 19:06

Definitely check it; they may have made out the invoice before he took ill.

Thefaceofboe · 18/12/2019 19:17

I hope it’s an error OP but nurseries can be quite brutal like that Hmm I’d 100% refuse to pay it though

SoniasTrumpet · 18/12/2019 19:20

I would not pay it but as OP has said nurseries are proper harsh with fees. My one is dead tight and would probably argue that within that hour somebody could have also called and reserved that place and therefore she's missing out on money. She's that brutal.

TriciaH87 · 18/12/2019 19:36

I would say that at 10am she must have already had the first loose poo giving the idea he would not be able to attend then sent the email and waited an hour to say he needed collecting. Tell her your not paying for an extra non contracted session he can't attend. There was 1 hour between her confirming the place and him being sent home it's not like it's a last minute drop out where the space cannot be used if someone else needs it. Has she emailed an hour later you would have known. I would contact nursery tomorrow asking if he can attend Friday as no signs of illness then if she says no tell her you will not be paying for an extra session that your ds can't attend

surreygirl1987 · 18/12/2019 19:49

That is entirely unreasonable. You asked if there was a place and she said there was. You did not confirm you wanted it and therefore did not book him in.

Even if you had, I would still think this really unfair given it was literally an hour difference... but I'd go with the line above, that you were raising a query and nothing was confirmed.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.