My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To not like signing for a prescription that I don't have?

44 replies

AlaskaElfForGin · 17/12/2019 11:29

I know it might just be the done thing but I have a regular prescription which I collect every few weeks. The last two or three times only part of it has been there so they get me to sign for it and give me what they've got, then say they'll order the rest in. It always seems to result in a conversation when I go in to collect it by them telling me I've picked it up as I've signed for it. It's a total pain in the arse, bit of course they won't give me any of it unless I sign for it. I really don't like signing to say I've got something when I haven't. Am I just being a twat? 😁

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

97 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
15%
You are NOT being unreasonable
85%
Ghostontoast · 17/12/2019 15:51

if it is controlled drugs then it’s serious - Harold Shipman started out our purloining controlled drugs after all.

Ghostontoast · 17/12/2019 15:52

I’m sure a bit of googling will find you the next body above the surgery that you can complain to.

ChardonnaysDistantCousin · 17/12/2019 15:54

Clicked YABU by accident, sorry.

No, YANBU, pharmacies are such a pain in the arse.

Fairyliz · 17/12/2019 15:59

Blimey is someone selling in on the Internet this sounds really dodgy

zucchinicourgette · 17/12/2019 15:59

I know nothing about prescriptions but it does sound from other’ comments as if they’re not following good practice.

I’m wondering, since it’s a regular prescription, if you could ring them a week before your appointment and ask them to order it so it’s ready for you?

twoshedsjackson · 17/12/2019 17:49

You didn't like to make a fuss because there was a queue and the pharmacy was busy? All the better - an audience to make a fuss in front of, when you fret audibly about being asked to commit fraud!
Just don't be too personal towards the receptionist; she's the one at the end of the command chain, who doesn't really have much autonomy.
But if the doctors are as nice as you say, I'd raise it as a concern with them. They won't want it to reflect badly on them if something goes amiss.

AlaskaElfForGin · 17/12/2019 18:50

I’m wondering, since it’s a regular prescription, if you could ring them a week before your appointment and ask them to order it so it’s ready for you?

I don't make an appointment I order the prescription online, as it's a repeat, and go and pick it up 5 days later. It just doesn't seem like great practice but her response and attitude to my concern made me wonder if it was me who was the problem!

OP posts:
twoshedsjackson · 17/12/2019 19:37

It's not you who's the problem, it's sloppy practice which lends itself to abuse.
I know it's a pain for a repeat prescription (I get one myself) but I think it might be necessary to make an appointment to see the doctor.
At the practice I attend, we have medication revues anyway, but I know what getting a GP appointment can be like; maybe when your next prescription is nearly due?

Fandoozle1 · 17/12/2019 21:05

An owing slip is so easy to generate (Pharmacy dispenser here) - I think the staff are being lazy, or just awkward.

PurpleFrames · 17/12/2019 21:20

I'd change pharmacy if possible. I have a complex prescription which is rarely available in one go and always get a owing slip

OhYouBadBadKitten · 17/12/2019 21:23

I've not been getting an owing slip recently and they never have the full amount I need.

rslsys · 17/12/2019 21:32

Could you use the Boots on-line service? Repeat prescriptions delivered to your door.

RightYesButNo · 17/12/2019 21:49

@ChardonnaysDistantCousin It’s really awkward of MN not to say, but you can just click the other button and it will change your vote. So just click YANBU, even if you’ve already voted; it will change, and job done.

OP - I agree with everyone else. They absolutely should be giving you an owing slip (and keeping a copy themselves). If this is a controlled drug, especially, this is a huge issue. They could insist next time you picked up the full prescription when you hadn’t, and you’d have no proof otherwise. I can’t emphasize how important this is. You’ve been lucky so far, but it’s playing with fire.

Carriemac · 17/12/2019 21:56

This is potential fraud by the pharmacy. Do not sign for something you have not been given

stickerqueen · 17/12/2019 22:26

if anything's missing the pharmacy gives me a slip saying what's still to be collected and when it will be ready

AuntSpiker · 17/12/2019 22:34

At my last practice (non dispensing) the pharmacy always gave me a slip detailing what was still owing.

We're now at a dispensing practice and the pharnacy there is dire. Interesting others have also had issues. The last 3 times they have given me a drug that I no longer take, even though it wasn't ticked on the repeat prescription. Each time I've taken the drugs back (they are controlled drugs) and explained. Each time I get them again. I wonder why in-practice pharmacies are problematic? A slip detailing what's owing is entirely normal.

ChardonnaysDistantCousin · 17/12/2019 22:59

Thanks, right,I’ll try.

It’s not the first time I did it, I was the sole YABU vote by accident once. Spoiled a perfect vote.

defaultusername · 17/12/2019 23:00

They should give you an "owing slip".

AlaskaElfForGin · 18/12/2019 00:08

Thank you all, it's really made me realise that this is totally unacceptable and shoddy practice at the very best. My prescription is for insulin so it's not something that can be handed out willy nilly.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.