My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask for your embarrassing moments of the week?

53 replies

Winterdaysarehere · 11/12/2019 14:56

Had my metal braces removed recently.
It has been restricting in as much as zero nuts /crusty bread etc.
I am a cleaner and my customer has just arrived home. He is a healthy eater and always has bags of nuts /dried fruit in..
He offered me some Turkish delight.
I refused but said I was keen to get into his nuts...
Blush
Roll on 4pm and I can get out of here!!!

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

46 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
15%
You are NOT being unreasonable
85%
hondagirl500 · 11/12/2019 18:02

I just fell over my dog whilst walking her. She saw a couple of other dogs, started bouncing about a bit, and in doing so I kind of got tripped up. She is a big, black, German Shephard. I hit the pavement pretty hard, grazing my knees and hands. I don't think anyone except the owner of the other dogs saw me thank goodness.

VictoriaBun · 11/12/2019 18:05

hondagirl500

That's an ouch moment not embarrassing. Poor you.

Mylittlepony374 · 11/12/2019 18:05

I asked someone "is this your son?", about the person standing next to him. It was his teenage daughter.

Mylittlepony374 · 11/12/2019 18:06

Lol about getting into your nuts

HanginWithMyGnomies · 11/12/2019 18:18

Haha.. too funny! I have a condition where my leg just gives way. Cue standing in line to just fall flat onto the Marks’ greetings cards. Try getting up from a floor full of cards 😂

Winterdaysarehere · 11/12/2019 18:26

May also add the day a few weeks ago that dhusky pulled me over on the beach!!. Mortified. Lying like a snow angel without the snow.
Ddog turned around, noticed I was horizontal and hurled herself onto me all licks - dhusky slop is vile...
Envy def not envy...

OP posts:
MisterT373 · 11/12/2019 18:31

@HanginWithMyGnomies - I sort of wish one of them ended up on you with a "Get Well Soon" message

HanginWithMyGnomies · 11/12/2019 18:43

@MisterT373 thank you 💐

Khione · 11/12/2019 19:51

Had some family and friends round for food and drink.

Most things were ready and I was setting everything out. The pork shoulder had been resting for 30 minutes and was ready to serve.

I called to my son across the room 'Xxx will you come and pull the pork for me?'

It was a few seconds before I realised why everyone cracked up laughing

Hellofromtheotherside2020 · 11/12/2019 19:53

This could be the first week in my entire life, that I haven't had any embarrassing moments! LOVE reading these!!! LOVE the nuts one 😂

swapsicles · 11/12/2019 19:56

Nipped to the loo in the shopping center, all fine, in the 5th shop I spot that my flies had come undone and my purple knickers were on show, unfortunately I was wearing stretch jeans so my fly was quite open Shock

Catapillarsruletheworld · 11/12/2019 19:57

Fell down a small flight of stairs on works night out. Go me!

Catapillarsruletheworld · 11/12/2019 19:58

I also sang karaoke in front of colleagues 🙈

LastMichaelmas · 11/12/2019 20:00

Had a couple of maintenance guys round (who I know quite well) to look at my plumbing and only realised after they'd left that my lube was sat proudly on top of my bedside cabinet rather than being safely tucked away inside.

FenellaVelour · 11/12/2019 20:02

also sang karaoke in front of colleagues

It was my manager’s leaving do. Drunken karaoke. I have only a vague memory of singing “I can’t live if living is without you” to him, though my colleagues confirmed it happened 😬

Winterdaysarehere · 11/12/2019 20:04

Ds once noticed dh's fly was open and he could see his pants.
Dd reminded ds df didn't wear pants!!
Poor dc!!

OP posts:
MissKittyFantastico84 · 11/12/2019 20:06

Offered my seat to a heavily pregnant woman on the tube. She declined. It was then I realised she wasn't pregnant. I'm normally SO careful about being 100% certain i.e that they are wearing the badge.

I cringed all the way to Victoria station. My face was BURNING.

In my defence, she really did look pregnant...Blush

PenOrPencil · 11/12/2019 20:12

I met a really lovely work colleague for the first time and accidentally told her to get lost. English is not my first language. Blush
She did leave but very graciously accepted my apology later in the day, when I finally realised what I had said...

hamstersarse · 11/12/2019 20:15

A nurse and a doctor rummaging around in my vagina trying to locate my cervix for at least half an hour, using 3 different speculums. And still didn’t find it.

I failed a smear test.

Anyoed · 11/12/2019 20:19

I put my trousers on inside out didn't realise till I go to put my buss ticket in my pocket Blush I should add been up most the night with a sick.toddler. .

rhubarbcrumbles · 11/12/2019 20:24

We were in a car park at night and somebody had parked so close to my car that the wing mirrors were touching. I exclaimed 'look what some inconsiderate idiot has done' as I couldn't get in the car as a result.

The 'inconsiderate idiot' was standing outside the building nearby and heard me so came over and said 'I'm the inconsiderate idiot'

I suppose some would be embarrassed but I don't care, they had parked right on the line, my small car was nowhere near the line but their wide monstrosity was too wide for the space, they didn't think to check if anybody was on the other side of them.

Janicejaniceahmfallin · 11/12/2019 20:45

Was this you, Fenella?

Pancakeflipper · 11/12/2019 20:48

Oooh cringing at some of these..

Was in the supermarket earlier with my youngest (who has aspergers).
Looking at Christmas chocs and my son says to a woman stood nearby
"Don't you wish you had hair like my mummy? Hers is now so beautiful compared to yours"

Backstory is my hair has been growing back in the last 7months and had a proper 'cut' recently. But obviously the woman with hair not as good as mine knew that. Grin

NorthEndGal · 11/12/2019 20:55

I was beachcombing and hadn't seen a person all day.
I was hiking along a trail at the edge of the shore, moving from one beach to the other. It's been pouring rain, so I had borrowed dh's rain pants (overalls) and jacket.

I was desperate for a pee, and found a spot off the trail, and popped squat.
I was trying to lean to avoid getting any on me, and started to slip on wet pine needles. I was flailing to avoid falling and twisted a muscle in my back, causing me to yell out.
I finished, and as I was pulling up my bottoms, I heard a guy calling to his dog,
"Come on boy, let's get out of here" in a voice filled with disgust.
He must have been coming up the beach from around the other side and found me without my dignity. Blush

Maternitynurse16 · 11/12/2019 20:58

I got drunk at my works Xmas party. Was wearing a tight fitting dress so couldn't wear any knickers due to VPL. I fell over and flashed my boss!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.