Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

DH and family boundaries.

1 reply

MentalHealth101 · 10/12/2019 23:47

I have issues with my family which I’m processing and working through slowly on my own.

I had a massive issue with my mum recently which left me feeling like I need to create boundaries wish my mum and family in general. They were quite involved in my life.

Problem is DH is fond of my family and is making it hard to keep those boundaries and maintain some controlled contact. He isn’t helping me keep my distance.

I would like to maintain a relationship stub my mum but not have her too close for comfort especially when it comes to my relationship with DH as she has hurt me in the past.

AIBU to expect him to not maintain a seperate relationship with my family in a way that would enable her to undermine me and go through him to get her way? AIBU to expect him to let most interactions with mum be through me?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

9 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
0%
You are NOT being unreasonable
100%
pippistrelle · 11/12/2019 09:43

It's hard to tell from the information you've given whether you're unreasonable or not. It would depend on context, and on the nature of your husband's relationship with your family but also on what you're at loggerheads with your family about. Is the issue that your husband thinks you're unreasonable?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.