Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To feel less of a connection to my friend

1 reply

Milkandcreaminmine · 09/12/2019 16:01

I know I'm being extremely selfish but here goes.
My BF is in the middle of a divorce since he left her in September. She was confused, then heartbroken, then angry. I've been supportive and I completely understand that she probably wants to get away from any reminders of her marriage. I feel she views domesticity as one of those reminders.
She's been going out a lot as she rightfully should and has been dating, which is great. But I feel like she's a different person.

Yesterday she asked to come round and I picked her up, brought her a McDonald's as she was hungover then we went back to mine and she played with my dc's. She was a bit distracted and less enthusiastic and I get it, she's sad and the weekends over.

What I'm worried about is that I don't know how to relate to her stories of staying out all night and men with massive cocks and coke. It makes my life feel very boring and almost childlike in comparison.
They didn't have any dc's but were planning to so before she was much happier to come over and go for a walk in the park and have a roast. Now I feel like it's boring, that I'm boring to her, and we might drift apart. In our ten plus years of friendship I've never felt lost for something to say before, but yesterday I did. I felt like all I had to say was about dc's or work.
Am I going to lose her?

OP posts:
cheesewitheverything · 09/12/2019 16:59

You might well drift apart if her life carries on being full of big cocks and coke while you are looking after your dc and doing domestic things. I'm not sure why you think this is you being selfish at all - you are trying to be a good friend, but there are limits to this, quite naturally . She knows you are there for her, and I'm sure you and your home are a haven for her at times but she has to go through this in her own way.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.