Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To find this bloody annoying?

9 replies

Cheeseboardcriminal · 06/12/2019 20:03

Bf supposed to be coming over tonight. Text him when I get home from work to see where he was and he replies he has called in on his mate because she has had a bad day and she asked him to drop her a bottle of wine off.

I say OK are you staying there then and I will see you tomorrow.

He says no, I don't want to stay out I'm on call so not having a drink. Plus I am working tomorrow.

Me (knowing already how it will go) well sounds like she needs a friend if she is going to be drinking on her own.

No babe I don't want to stay out.

So shall I make your dinner then?

No I'm not hungry I had a big lunch.

OK then see you later.

No sign of him after an hour so I text again.

Are you coming round?

Him I'm still here she's having a bad day.

Me - do you want to stay at yours then, I don't want you to come here if you've been drinking.

Him - I've only had one, I'm working tomorrow.

But more conversation about Christmas presents which I respond to with, dint be going mad. Referring to buying presents.

I won't be going mad, I've got work tomorrow.

So I say, I was talking about the presents but I guess your not coming tonight then.

He says - I will just stay at mine and see you tomorrow like you suggested before.

So am I being Unreasonable to find it fucking annoying that he says several times that he is coming round when we both know he was never going to come. Which he proved an hour later by saying he wasn't coming. Why skirt around it. Why not just be straight with me in the first place and say he wants to have a drink. It drives me mad when we both know exactly what he is going to do.

So YABU = chill out, people change their minds. Stop being so uptight.

YANBU = that would piss me off too. Why not just be upfront.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

97 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
15%
You are NOT being unreasonable
85%
thistimelastweek · 06/12/2019 20:10

You were both unreasonable. What's with the pussyfooting?
I would be very irritated about being left hanging - I could be making other arrangements. But, you knew it was coming and didn't forestall it.

Cheeseboardcriminal · 06/12/2019 20:12

I tried to forestall it by suggesting several times we cancel out plans. He refused several times and said he was coming.

OP posts:
Pilot12 · 06/12/2019 20:16

You're happy for your bf to cancel your plans at the last minute so he can sit in another women's house and drink wine? Why couldn't she go and get her own wine? One bottle of wine between two isn't going to go far.....

Cheeseboardcriminal · 06/12/2019 20:18

They won't stick with one bottle. It will be one of many hence why I suggested we cancel.

I have no concerns over the friend whatsoever there is nothing going on between them.

OP posts:
CharityConundrum · 06/12/2019 20:19

He sounds infuriating! I don't blame you for being annoyed.

InACheeseAndPickle · 06/12/2019 20:20

I don't think you have to apologise for being annoyed. He kept you waiting around for him as a backup for drinking with his friend. I'd tell him straight he was incredibly rude.

Whattodoabout · 06/12/2019 20:22

Your boyfriend cancelled plans with you to sit with a female friend drinking wine. I’m not a ‘cool wife’ so this wouldn’t bode well with me I’m afraid. I’d be pissed off about the pussyfooting too, he should just have said he wasn’t coming over in the first place instead of messing you around.

Cheeseboardcriminal · 06/12/2019 20:23

I'm so glad people agree with me.

He had form for this but then twists it and says I don't like him going out.

I don't mind one but him going out. I suggested he stayed out first. I just wish he could be upfront about it so I don't end up hanging about.

The conversation should have gone.
X has had a bad day, do you mind if we cancel tonight?
Me - yea sure, give her a hug from me, see you tomorrow.

Why is that so difficult!

OP posts:
Cheeseboardcriminal · 07/12/2019 17:45

So he's changed our plans again tonight to go watch the match with his friends instead. Twice in one weekend is taking the piss!

Apparently he is joining the party later. We will see.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.