My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

AIBU to feel sad and gutted about new job....

3 replies

Gutted2019 · 27/11/2019 21:49

Boss has moved firm and several of us are moving with him.

I was one of the first to get an offer from the firm as I am his assistant. I do reduced hours and new firm has agreed. I agreed a pro rata payrise of £5k which is around 10%, but with my hours, it works out half of that in real terms.

Am discovering other team members have been offered 15 - 20% or even more increases with the move. More senior I guess but still....

Also I didn't think a much higher salary would be attainable anywhere for my role and also new firm actually offered a lower salary to begin with. But another ex colleague managed a £3k extra on top of what I have been offered in her new different firm. She is abit more junior too!

I feel abit gutted now.

I have my start date. Is it too late to do/ask anything? When would be my next point of call to discuss a potential bump up.

I had so much other 5hit going on at the time of the offer, I couldn't think straight at the time but things have calmed down and now thinking 5hit that was only chance to really bump up my salary.

Anyone else move firms with their team? Anyone in a similar position? Esp part timers?

OP posts:
Gutted2019 · 27/11/2019 21:53

Ex colleague's increase was £3k more than my pro rata salary. If I was able to negotiate like her, my take home would have been a like a full time equivalent!

OP posts:
Frazzledforever · 27/11/2019 21:56

Can't you say that you've found out everyone else was getting a much better deal and now you're unsure if you want to go ahead? If they still want you they'll move heaven and earth. What have you got to lose?

Gutted2019 · 27/11/2019 21:59

I don't even know how to word it or approach it? Also I have a good relationship with my boss...at the same time, I know they obviously moved for the money. I don't know if I am stuck?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.