Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think bullies /domineering people really dislike being 'pushed back'

16 replies

caravanette · 16/11/2019 20:50

On the subject of bullying and domineering people I've noticed they can 'dish it out' as it were but tend to put on a strop /show their obvious disappointment when they're shown they can't dominate and people don't accept their crap. If you can't take it don't dish it out!!!

OP posts:
Cecilandsnail · 16/11/2019 21:08

Yeah they fucking hate it.

caravanette · 16/11/2019 21:09

Too tight

OP posts:
caravanette · 16/11/2019 21:10

Too right***

OP posts:
Cecilandsnail · 16/11/2019 21:15

Gives me great pleasure actually to say...errr, no sorry I won't/cannot/will not do that. For lovely kind generous friends I would literally drive 400 miles out of my way to help out or babysit or cook or 'lend' as much money as I could afford to lose (and never ask for it back) but if a CF tries to impose on me...they suddenly see a different woman! Turns out they distance themselves pretty quick once they know I'm 'not for profit'. My advice is 'Say NO when you can't afford the time/money/whatever)...its a fantastic filter for vampiric dickheads. A true friend says 'no worries whatsoever'. A CF will beat their fists on the ground.

caravanette · 16/11/2019 21:17

Totally agree Cecil

OP posts:
WendyMoiraAngelaDarling · 16/11/2019 21:17

Yes. Somehow you become the big, meanie bully and you're being unreasonable and aggressive. Have an ex H and a mother who cannot stand being stood up to.

RuffleCrow · 16/11/2019 21:18

That's why they're domineering bullies. With an ordinary person, other people are allowed opposing views.

caravanette · 16/11/2019 21:19

I find the maturest people cope best with being ignored etc. I ignored someone I genuinely liked once cos I respected him and didn't want him to see me in a bad situation. He didn't take offence

OP posts:
Sallyseagull · 16/11/2019 21:35

Yep! After years and years of crap I finally stood up for myself against my husband and he couldnt take it at all. We are now getting divorced.

itsgettingweird · 16/11/2019 21:37

IME they make such a fuss out of being pulled up they place themselves as the victim.

Boils my tits

caravanette · 16/11/2019 21:44

Great to see we're all on the same page on this!!

OP posts:
MissMogwai · 16/11/2019 21:51

YANBU

People I have known like this have always become the 'victim' when someone stands up to them. Never their fault, never because of them/their initial actions.

Mammatino · 16/11/2019 21:59

Yep. Take take take take take. Then the second you can't give anymore or dare to say no, you are a selfish nasty bitch. Through really really hard lessons I say no to most things now.

caravanette · 16/11/2019 22:08

Gosh I agree so much with you all -playing the victim- how true.
I do find that when I adopt a firm voice they are stuck for words

OP posts:
SirGawain · 16/11/2019 22:22

Bullies are almost always cowards in my experience. If you can find the courage to stand up to them they crumble.

VisibleShantiLine · 16/11/2019 22:48

#Mammatino Yes, I’ve been called “selfish” more times than I can count since I started overruling the people pleaser in me. It’s the ultimate insult for a people pleaser which is why they use it. Only now I call them out on that too, and ask them to explain how they’ve arrived at the conclusion I’m selfish. This seems to rile them up more, probably given they can’t.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.