My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Being annoyed waiting so long for results?

8 replies

HelpIcantfindaname · 16/11/2019 01:23

I had a hysteroscopy nearly 8 weeks ago.
You are meant to get results within 4 weeks...I still havent had any.
I've phoned the hospital 3 times. I was told to ring back the following week. Last time I was told the secretary had been on leave, my results were there & they would fast track a letter. That was nearly 2 weeks ago. I'm presuming the results would have come quicker if the biopsy showed anything sinister. But I still want my letter, they cant give results over the phone. I'm really pd off with waiting so long. Am I just being impatient or should I be complaining about this? Thinking of ringing PALS on Monday, or should I just ring Womens Health again? I"m fed up.

OP posts:
IWantADifferentName · 16/11/2019 06:16

Call both. Keep chasing. You shouldn’t have to do that but it is your health and means more to you than anyone else.

VivaLeBeaver · 16/11/2019 06:22

It’s shit.

Dd has been waiting over six months for her colonoscopy results. I keep chasing the consultants secretary who just keeps saying there’s a big list of people they have to work through and don’t think she’ll get seen this year.

JoObrien7 · 16/11/2019 06:22

If they thought it was anything serious they would have fast tracked your results. I would keep chasing and insist they give you them over the phone because they can do this I know I worked in the NHS for many years

IWantADifferentName · 16/11/2019 06:40

The NHS may be good in an emergency or for chronic care but it is terrible for routine medical matters.

I had a hysteroscopy overseas a while ago. It was done in the morning. I got a text message to say the results were available for me to see online and had also been sent to my doctor. I was confused about something in the report and called the clinic, spoke to a doctor and got answers. All within about six hours (10am to 4pm).

It can be done. Just not in the NHS budget or NHS system.

HelpIcantfindaname · 16/11/2019 07:19

Thank you for replies.

Viva, hope your DD is ok.

OP posts:
NearlyGranny · 16/11/2019 07:19

I had a scan, a hysteroscopy and minor surgery (with local anaesthetic to the cervix plus gas and air) for a fibroid/polyp (they still aren't sure) all in the same visit last month. I was fast-tracked from the GP in case it was cancer (it wasn't!) and the lab result was fast-tracked too. I had the result in three days and over the phone. The letter had just been sent and the consultant's secretary hinted heavily it was good news because she'd typed it and could hear I was anxious.

In the UK, NHS, saw the consultant who did the op himself, no bill, no worries. I got a sit down, cup of tea and biscuits afterwards while they waited to see if everything was settling before sending me home.

When the NHS works well, it's unbeatable. We just need to fight for it and make it that good everywhere, always, for everything and for everyone.

HelpIcantfindaname · 16/11/2019 14:13

I was fast tracked by gp when I first went to her with bleeding problems, just having a long wait since.
I keep thinking they have just forgotten me, but they did say it's there, it's just waiting to be written up.

OP posts:
NearlyGranny · 16/11/2019 16:36

That's rough, and not really good enough, either. I suspect if the results had been anything to concerning, they'd have been back to you in a flash, so it probably means you've nothing to worry about. But you need to know! How frustrating and anxiety-inducing. 😡

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.