Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Rude people in the cinema

9 replies

Quipsandquotes · 03/11/2018 22:06

I brought the kids to see The house with the clock in the wall at a cinema in Dublin this afternoon. A woman arrived in with 3 or 4 kids, put them in the row in front of her, then spent half the film with her phone switched on distracting people with the glare - including during suspenful parts when the cinema screen went dark for areason.
At the end of the film she and her brood left leaving popcorn strewn all over the floor and not even bothering to pick up their cartons and put them in the bin.

AIBU to think people like this are rude and arrogant towards both their fellow cinema goers and the staff who work in the place. Just getting sick of rude behavior every time I go to see a film Angry

OP posts:
BlingLoving · 03/11/2018 22:08

I once sat next to a woman who whipped out a NAIL FILE and started filing her nails!!! People are odd.

Although I think the popcorn strewn everywhere is just a natural by product of the cinema experience!!

Solenti · 03/11/2018 22:08

I'm surprised nobody said anything-could you not have gone and got an attendant to tell her if you didn't want to? Yes, it is very rude!

Lethaldrizzle · 03/11/2018 22:08

I would have said something

IntenseInterest · 03/11/2018 22:10

YANBU

This is the reason why we don’t go to the cinema anymore.

Flowerpot2005 · 03/11/2018 22:12

Totally irritating & inconsiderate.

Maelstrop · 03/11/2018 22:14

YANBU. This sort of behaviour has made me avoid mainstream cinemas for years.

Quipsandquotes · 03/11/2018 22:17

These kids were about nine or ten so old enough not to leave popcorn all over the floor I would have thought.

OP posts:
lizzie1970a · 03/11/2018 22:20

Yes, I'm another that doesn't go anymore either to avoid people like this. The last time I went was before smartphones.

MsTSwift · 03/11/2018 22:33

We had a group of weirdo adults who basically had a loud group conversation throughout the entire film Shock. Dh asked them politely to be quiet which they did for abit then started up again!

It was an arts cinema and quite a thoughtful film and the group were 50 somethings and not rough types. So odd that they didn’t know how to behave normally in a cinema. Worse than any kids.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.