Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

I really don't know what I want to do with my life

4 replies

bubbles092 · 02/11/2018 08:55

Just that really.

I am feeling so, so down about everything that's going on in my life just lately. I work in a dead end job as a cleaner, I have a DS who is 2 and every day is the same old.

I am not the brightest person. I lack intelligence when it comes to maths, although I do know the bare basic. I have racked up 27k worth of debt which I got a Mickey Mouse degree (anyone was able to get on the course, even those who are foreign and couldn't understand English!) I ended up with a PgDip because I had no desire to continue with it.

I've tried everything. I went college and did health and social care which I no longer enjoy as it is stressful and money is crap (worked as a care assistant which was the worse job I've ever had!) I enjoy computers and technology, but you need to be good at maths for that.

I have one year of tuition fee left.. i am planning to redo maths and English, and that's all. I just don't know what else to do. Earning crap wages, stuck in the same rut... I am also deaf so even finding jobs which require telephones and talking is a massive challenge

OP posts:
RayRayBidet · 02/11/2018 09:04

How about going into cleaning as your own business? A friend of mine does it and is doing really well.
She does people's houses in the daytime and offices in the evening.
Good cleaners are really hard to find and people are willing to pay well if you are.
I know it's not exciting but you would never be short of work and at least would be your own boss. Also it's a business that doesn't require a massive set up investment. You would need some materials/equipment and insurance but that's about it.
My friend put a card up in the launderette window and a newsagents and that was all the advertising she had to do.
Good luck, I do know how you feel.

DancingForTheDog · 02/11/2018 09:24

royaldeaf.org.uk/services/i-am-deaf/employment/ have you looked at this website OP? Also, you say you enjoy computers and technology - that's great, work with that. Perhaps look for a local Access Course for Computing www.accesstohe.ac.uk/Access/FAQs/Pages/Default.aspx, You won't need face maths but there may be a basic numeracy test. Go along to open days at local colleges and see what's available, they will be able to advise you. Good luck!

DancingForTheDog · 02/11/2018 09:25

Gcse maths, not face!!

DoubleHelix79 · 02/11/2018 09:32

Have you looked into teaching yourself programming? You don't need maths do it, just the ability to be logical and thorough. I believe mobile app developers are still quite sought after, although maybe someone on here knows the area better than I do.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.