Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

AIBU to just say nothing

6 replies

NicePieceOfPlaid · 22/10/2018 16:40

I'm a member of a local Facebook community group. It's quite a tame one compared to some I've seen and has information about local events, services recommendations and general chit chat.

A woman has posted wanting to reconnect with family members, who she has named. The names are quite unusual and I recognise the scenario she describes. I'm keeping this as vague as I can.

One family member went to jail for a crime of violence and committed suicide while in jail. Another member has a long criminal record, again for violence.

I'm not sure what purpose would be achieved by my telling her this but I'm worried that someone else may tell her and not in a kind way. The case was notorious in this town.

I really don't want to get involved is this unreasonable?

OP posts:
RTFT · 22/10/2018 16:55

So don't?

Solenti · 22/10/2018 16:56

Just stay out of it entirely.

Confusedbeetle · 22/10/2018 16:58

Say nowt

Aquamarine1029 · 22/10/2018 16:59

Block immediately and move on.

itswinetime · 22/10/2018 17:00

there is no purpose she wants to reconnect with family and you cant really help her just let he know that you think one member is dead (if it is an unusual name surely she could have found that out) and the other is a violent criminal again i would think if you google the names the press would come out so maybe you have the wrong people or maybe she is telling the whole story. You don't need to feel bad not getting involved and if it makes you feel better if it was that notorious in town there is bound to be someone else in the group that knows .

NicePieceOfPlaid · 22/10/2018 17:05

I'm fairly sure there are others in the group who know. I think I'll just keep my head down.

Thanks.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.