My feed

to access all these features


Caesarean dehiscence help!

5 replies

Chagrain · 20/10/2018 21:56

I have had a scan which found that my 2 nearly 3 year old caesarean scar has come apart internally which explains the pain I'm in. Gp has referred me to gynae but the first available appointment is 19th January. Do I need to worry about having such a long wait to just see a consultant? Is a scar dehiscence dangerous or just painful? If anyone knows and can answer I'd be extremely grateful. Thank you!

OP posts:
LouisaRossini · 20/10/2018 22:02

That sounds like a long time - I'd call the GP on Monday morning just to check whether it was just pain or whether there is anything else to worry about.

Good luck, I'm sure it'll be ok

TheFivePointPalmHeartOfTafiti · 20/10/2018 23:16

It can be problematic if you’re pregnant so I’d avoid that until it’s sorted. Otherwise not generally dangerous but no harm in you checking with your GP, obviously no one here knows your medical history so they’d be the people to give more accurate reassurance

Chagrain · 21/10/2018 09:34

Thank you ever so much for your replies, I feel much easier in my mind now. Obviously I'd rather the consultation date was nearer as I'm tired of being in pain but I am extremely grateful to have the nhs so I can cope with that. I think this may be a not too subtle hint from my body not to have any more children as I still have spd from the last pregnancy!! Thank you again ☺

OP posts:
OrcinusOrca · 21/10/2018 09:39

You could try and find out what waits are like at different hospitals and choose to go elsewhere. I chose a gynaecologist referral elsewhere because I knew the wait was shorter (I was referred in July and seen in August, my local place had people referred in May that still didn't have appointments booked in September, and I know there are big recruitment issues there).

Usually if you ring up the service at the hospital if you ask how long the wait is for a first attendance in X specialty, they will tell you how many weeks/months and you can always go back to your GP and say actually can I be referred to X. You don't have to tell them why, but patient choice means it's up to you where you go.

Sorry it feels like such a long time away, especially as you are in pain 

SinkGirl · 21/10/2018 09:43

If you already have the appointment letter with the consultants name, call the hospital and ask to speak to their secretary. Explain that you’re struggling and ask to go on the cancellation list - I’ve been able to be seen more quickly this way,

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.