Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Wages

13 replies

Housingcraze · 09/10/2018 11:04

What day of month do you get paid?

my company seem to change the date every month eg some months it’s 2nd Monday of every month then another time it’s 1 or 3 Monday on month which is causing DD bounces and charges!

AIBU to ask for a monthly date

OP posts:
Bambamber · 09/10/2018 11:10

Everywhere is different. Some places it's the same date every month, others it is 4 weekly. What does your contract say?

DowntonCrabby · 09/10/2018 11:12

It sounds like you might be paid 4 weekly as to just change it randomly is quite unusual.

YANBU to expect to know your pay date in advance.

DunesOfSand · 09/10/2018 11:20

I used to get paid on 25th of each month, and early if that was a weekend (ie Sat 25 or Sun 25 woukd get paid on the friday).
DH gets paid on the last working day of each month.

Thesnobbymiddleclassone · 09/10/2018 11:20

Mines the last working day of the month

DunesOfSand · 09/10/2018 11:20

Sorry, should have said, does your contract say when you will get paid?

Gizlotsmum · 09/10/2018 11:23

Your contract should state payment terms ( 4 weekly, last working day)

Mari50 · 09/10/2018 11:25

I get paid on the last Wednesday of the month unless it actually is the last Wednesday and then I get paid the one before. I get 12 payments a year, I think 4 fall on a 5 week month which is an utter pain in the arse. And Christmas payment is often brought forward which can result in a 3 week month, followed by a 5 followed by a 5. Which is fine if you are good at budgeting but I can see why it would cause significant problems for some people.

Housingcraze · 09/10/2018 11:50

Basically we send items to different companies and company sometimes doesn’t get paid maybe 2/6 weeks after so wages depend on money coming into bank to be able to pay wages

OP posts:
bridgetreilly · 09/10/2018 11:59

wages depend on money coming into bank to be able to pay wages

Yeah, no. That's not how it works. Your employer has to deal with their cash flow problems, not pass them on to you.

Omeletteandbeans · 09/10/2018 12:13

That's...not good. If they're not paying you on time because they don't have the money, it would be a good idea to start looking for another job. Paying your wages should be one of their top priorities so either they don't think holding on to their employees is very important, or they're about to go bust.

Do you have a written contract and is there anything in there about payment dates?

ileclerc · 09/10/2018 12:16

Mine is the last friday before the end of the month so the date changes but it is never later than the end of the month.

IN your case it sounds like they have serious cash flow issues and I would be looking for another job, pronto. I'd also look to reclaim charges incurred. What does your contract say?

BootsMagoots · 09/10/2018 12:20

15th every month for me. Last working day of the month for my husband. I like it because we get an income every two weeks.

DogInATent · 09/10/2018 12:25

wages depend on money coming into bank to be able to pay wages

Poor cashflow is the killer of businesses, if the business is being run this way then read the warning signs and do your best to build up a rainy day reserve in the bank. And keep your CV up-to-date.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.