Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

How would you react to this?

11 replies

bandthenjust · 08/10/2018 22:19

Bit of a stupid post, but I wonder what you guys make of this situation.
Last week I was waiting for dd to come out of her swimming lesson - I was meeting her in the changing room. Another mum walks in, and heads over to the space next to me. She gestures at a pile of folded childrens' clothes, with glasses on top, and asks if they're mine. I say no, and at that she picks up the pile and chucks them a few feet away on to the wet changing room floor. She then looks at me as if to say 'And what?' Confused would you have said anything to her? I felt really bad for the poor kid that would be coming back to the changing room to find wet clothes. Luckily I don't think the glasses were damaged.

OP posts:
Neverender · 08/10/2018 22:20

I'd have done the Mumsnet tinkly laugh with a quick, "You okay Hun?" Side nod...

MsOliphant · 08/10/2018 22:22

Did you then just leave them there?!

I would have picked them up and put them somewhere else before they got too wet.

teaandtoast · 08/10/2018 22:23

What on earth did she do that for? Did she sit down there?

MsOliphant · 08/10/2018 22:25

I just can’t picture this happening though, you’d just dump them on another bench surely.

ThePinkOcelot · 08/10/2018 22:25

Wow! What a nasty bitch!

Doortalks · 08/10/2018 22:25

Had the clothes been left in a changing cubicle? If so, this infuriates me. After my DC's lessons every single changing cubicle is taken up by people who leave their clothes while they go swimming instead of using a locker. If this is the case, then these selfish people deserve to have wet clothes.

There are also around 200 empty lockers available.

MissusGeneHunt · 08/10/2018 22:27

What a charming person. Not.
I would have sighed deeply and 'tsked' at her, no point in conflict, then picked up the clothes and glasses and put them somewhere else. I might have given her my Lucifer look if I was already peeved or feeling brave. Nasty person.

gamerchick · 08/10/2018 22:27

Did you pick them up at least? Damned right I would have said something Hmm

bandthenjust · 08/10/2018 22:31

It's an absolute tiny changing room with no private cubicles. I grabbed the glasses and th e clothes and just put them on the nearest bench. This same woman is odd to say the least; the fir st time I came across her I was sitting waiting for my kid and she marched straight towards me, sat down next to me and started doing exaggerated arm movements (purposely almost elbowing me in the face etc, that kind of crap) getting stuff out of her bag. Basically trying to get me to move Grin

OP posts:
Doortalks · 08/10/2018 22:32

Ok if it wasn't a cubicle situation, then she was a crazy bitch Grin

GreenLantern53 · 08/10/2018 22:32

I wouldnt have said anything if they werent mine. Also wouldnt have picked them up as I wouldnt want to be caught doing it by whoever the clothes belonged to and them think it was me as they probably wouldnt have believe the story.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.