My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think this was inappropriate behaviour in front of teenage girls?

20 replies

MaryMemories · 01/10/2018 23:04

My stepfather used to walk around the house in the evening and morning with just a towel round his waist. You could clearly see the outline of something dangling there.

At the time my sister and I were teens and he also did it when I used to stay as an adult. He'd been in our lives since the ages of 8 and 11.

I'm not talking about just walking from bedroom to bathroom but round the house, in the kitchen making tea, coming into our bedroom etc.

It always made me very uncomfortable and having a DH who won't even walk around in boxers when DD is around, I think it was rather odd?

OP posts:
BeardedMum · 01/10/2018 23:11

I think its more odd that your DH won’t walk around in boxers to be honest

mum11970 · 01/10/2018 23:13

As pp.

Llanali · 01/10/2018 23:14

I think it’s bizarre your own husband won’t.

Does he not go swimming ever with her?

Frogsrus · 01/10/2018 23:16

If he did it in front of your friends then they would be inappropriate.

I think it's odd that your DH doesn't walk around in his pants.

Frogsrus · 01/10/2018 23:16

That not they

peasinpods12 · 01/10/2018 23:18

I don't think it's weird abiut your DH OP. mine doesn't walk around in boxers in front of DD either. What your step dad did WAS weird definitely.

ZenNudist · 01/10/2018 23:19

Some people are just comfortable with their bodies. I think it is unusual to have hang ups about your own dd seeing you in undies as your dh seems to think....

Tomatoesrock · 01/10/2018 23:24

I agree it is inappropriate behaviour from a SF to walk about, clearly dangling hanging freely when you can see the shape etc of his dick. It is different from a pair boxer shorts though.

I had a friend who's SD would say, Tomatoes can you leave the room while I get dressed, Madeupname can stay I am her step-dad I knew at 8 he was naked under the quilt. He was in her life a few months and gone few months later. Weird Fucker.

Treasure114 · 01/10/2018 23:27

Very inappropriate and weird of your SF!

MaryMemories · 01/10/2018 23:28

Well he wears board short type swim shorts for swimming not budgie smugglers so not quite the same.

By the same token I don't walk around in front of teen DS's in my bra and pants.

OP posts:
MaryMemories · 01/10/2018 23:29

And DD is more comfortable around DH than I was around my SF anyway.

OP posts:
slithytove · 01/10/2018 23:31

I think it’s to each their own - I have no body hang ups and will appear in a towel in front of pretty much anyone - in laws, siblings, kids, friends, colleagues. I wouldn’t read anything into it, you just differ in what you are comfortable with.

SaucyJack · 01/10/2018 23:32

How are we defining inappropriate?

I don’t think there’s anything creepy about walking round your own home in a towel. Teens are notoriously squeamish tho. I can understand if you would have preferred not to have had the mental image.

owabno · 01/10/2018 23:35

I'm baffled by this.

Was he wearing a towel because he had a shower or did he just randomly strip off and wear a towel?

MrsStrowman · 01/10/2018 23:36

I answered the door in a towel a few days ago, two in fact, one on my hair one for my body. I thought it was my mum as she was due round but it was the post man, the towel was thick and fluffy and came to my mid calf, I show more in day to day clothing.
If he walked around nude that's slightly different (, although not for all families), but he had a towel on, in his mind he was covered. Besides nudity doesn't equal sexuality. I bet you also object to little girls running around in swimming bottoms only at the beach too...

GhostCurry · 01/10/2018 23:37

No, I agree with you OP. I don’t think many of the previous posters know what it is like to be a teenage girl and living in a house with a man that isn’t your father.

SpareASquare · 01/10/2018 23:37

Way odder that your DH won't walk around in boxers. You and your DH seem to be overly hung up about your own bodies.

Walking around in a towel in your own home? Can't really see an issue.

Sethis · 01/10/2018 23:39

Have a conversation about it if it makes you or them uncomfortable. Simple as that.

PorkFlute · 01/10/2018 23:44

I don’t think there’s anything odd about walking around your own home with a towel around your waist. I’m assuming he’d just showered. Yes you probably could see the outline of his privates. You also can through most trousers.
Unless there was anything else amiss it sounds perfectly normal to me.

thinkfast · 02/10/2018 07:40

I don't think it's weird to walk round your own home wearing a towel.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.