Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

aibu to miss my dog so much?

6 replies

user1486156729 · 01/08/2017 21:52

My little dog was adopted with help from the Mayhew, round about Easter. I was ill and couldn't look after her myself (I live by myself). She's gone to a couple who will take good care of her. I thoroughly approved of them.
She's a cheerful, confident dog who makes friends everywhere she goes.
I know she'll be OK. Her new owners will love her as much as I do (how could they not?).
I so miss my friend, though. I sleep with her blanket, and I wish I could've kept her.

OP posts:
joopy79 · 01/08/2017 21:55

You did the right thing rehoming her, it shows how much you care. You put her needs above yours. Could you visit? Offer to dog sit?

AgathaF · 01/08/2017 22:04

I'm sorry your missing your little dog so much. Do you have any contact with her new family? Good idea from joopy to ask if you could visit. If no contact, perhaps put a note through their door?

Queenofthedrivensnow · 01/08/2017 22:07

Really sympathising op you just be gutted. But part of being a good owner is putting your pet needs above your own and you absolutely did that. It was really brace as well as loving and caring. Big hugs xxxx

LazyDailyMailJournos · 01/08/2017 22:22

Well done - it's so so difficult but you have been so brave and done the right thing. Her new owners know that and will love her just as much and make her feel safe and happy. You will miss her dreadfully, but you can comfort yourself by knowing that you've been careful and found her a good home so that she will be well cared for.

I hope your health improves soon Flowers

Mysteriouscurle · 01/08/2017 22:31

Poor you. That must be terrible. Would you manage a visit or would that be too upsetting to leave her? Would they send pics of her enjoying a nice long walk? It must be some comfort that you know where shes gone and you are happy with her new home but at the same time it must be really difficult Sad FlowersCake

ListenToYourHeart · 01/08/2017 23:39

YANBU Flowers

Dogs become a massive part of your life so it's only normal you're missing her.

I had to do similar and even though it was best for the dog I cried like a baby for a week. Luckily the people who adopted her sent me pics every now and then and she always looked so happy.

Could you ask for the odd update?

Thinking of you Brew

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.