Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Daily Mail pick up - sexist clothes for kids

8 replies

milliemolliemou · 25/07/2017 21:52

Was this on here or has DM picked up something MN hasn't?
www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4708452/Mother-fixes-gender-stereotypes-children-s-T-shirts.html

OP posts:
MrsOverTheRoad · 26/07/2017 04:07

MN has LONG moaned about gendred clothing. Are you new here? Confused

classPath · 26/07/2017 04:21

Some people (the more vocal) have moaned about "gendered clothing". most don't care.

Kate Land sounds like a prize cunt (or a very disappointing theme park).

MrsOverTheRoad · 26/07/2017 04:45

perth I think that's tosh...you saying most don't care.

Where's your information to prove that?

araiwa · 26/07/2017 05:42

My jeans whistle at women passing my house and tells them to get back in the kitchen.

I hate sexist clothes

classPath · 26/07/2017 06:02

I have a survey of all women Hmm

Clearly anecdotal, based on my experience in life and reading MN threads.

You seem to confuse MN as a united entity (and one which can moan) and individual opinions.

Where is your information to prove that "MN has LONG moaned"? I think both of us have written tosh made unfounded, unsubstantiated and unqualified claims.

Sparklingbrook · 26/07/2017 06:30

On MN generally if someone sees an item of child's clothing in RL that they think isn't right they post it on here. Everyone goes ' no that's not right'. The End. Happens every few months.

Crunchymum · 26/07/2017 06:36

The "boys" top is short sleeved that is why is it cheaper. God the DM is fucking lazy journalism.

As for the tops, don't buy them. I have a boy and a girl and have manged to never buy crap like that that.

2gorgeousboys · 26/07/2017 06:48

Whilst I agree that some of the slogans on t shirts for both boys and girls can be frustrating (personally I hated slogans which refer boys to being messy and dirty as my two are definitely not but I just didn't buy them!) I did notice that these t shirts were a good selection of colours.

Also agree about the price difference being due to the additional fabric in the girls long sleeved version!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.