Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Annoying uncooperative kids

8 replies

daffodil10 · 19/07/2017 23:39

My daughter came home the other day and told me about 3 girls in PE who didn't want to participate. They sat down and told the teacher rounders wasn't their cup of tea and they didn't want to do it. The teacher spent 15 minutes of the lesson trying to cajole them into it.

I just don't get this either do As you are told or be excluded ? Why do teachers have to waste other pupils time pandering to time wasting, attention seekers ??? 😡😡

OP posts:
Tinkerbec · 20/07/2017 01:07

Welcome to British Education.

Unfortunately this is becoming more and more common.

It annoys me so much but very little is done. Then the pupils arw back in lesson destroying the learning of the others.

Pengggwn · 20/07/2017 04:44

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KoalaDownUnder · 20/07/2017 04:52

Back in the day (am gimmer), this is how it would have gone down:

1. Children refuse to do rounders
  2. Teacher sends children to principal's office
  3. Children get boring, nasty punishment (like picking up rubbish at lunchtime), plus bollocking for rudeness
  4. Next time, children do rounders

I know there are 4000 reasons why it no longer works this way, but I wish it did.
AlmostAJillSandwich · 20/07/2017 04:52

It's a catch 22 for the teacher though.
Either they let them have their way and they get to sit out a lesson that is compulsory, which will only strengthen their resolve to not do things they don't want to, or it affects everyone else waiting whilst they get them involved.

What if their parents find out and complain the teacher let them sit it out and isn't doing his job?

hesterton · 20/07/2017 05:06

JustMumNowNotMe · 20/07/2017 05:16

I totally agree heston! That thread is, frankly,ridiculous! The amount of people saying shes tired and to let it go is astounding. I have a daughter the same age - tired or not I won't tolerate rude or lazy behaviour.

I really feel for teachers these days, its a wonder they find time to teach at all going by how many posts i read here about pathetic reasons parents are accosting them!

Pengggwn · 20/07/2017 05:35

LittleIda · 20/07/2017 09:19

Ridiculous. Maybe the teacher should have called a senior teacher to remove them to isolation or something.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.