Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask for some advice??

33 replies

Ames33 · 19/07/2017 17:12

I have written on here many times before about my emetophobia and am getting help for it so please don't flame me and tell me I need help before I pass my fears onto my child!

A little girl at DS's pre school was sick today, she was in the same room as DS but not close to him. All was cleaned up and girl was sent home. Apparently she hasn't been sick again and has had some food.

I am obviously freaking out that he will catch a bug and be sick. I am very proud of myself that I didn't go and pick him up straight away, as I would have done this a few months ago. I left him there for the rest of the day.

Has anyone got any advice for how I can prepare myself for what might be coming? Any time it has happened before has been completely out of nowhere so haven't had time for this anticipatory anxiety to take hold! When it has happened before I have dealt with it, so I know I can, it's just this stupid anxiety that it MIGHT happen!

OP posts:
malloo · 20/07/2017 23:36

I know, if people just stuck to the 48 hr rule, drives me mad !!! But have faith in yourself, and know that you're not alone, there are lots of people who really do understand. The turning point for me was focussing on what it was I was really worried about (losing control, not coping in front of others, serious illness or something bad happening to DC, anxiety about social situations), and I started to try to name the underlying fears rather than getting swept away by the all consuming emetophobia which is really just a front for all the other stuff! That really helped. Keep going with Thrive, I think the answer is in there somewhere! Flowers

Crunchymum · 21/07/2017 19:30

Well I just had 'the message'.

My cousins boy is in my dc's class and he is puking.

FFS we had a really bad bug in the Easter holidays. I guess it's a waiting for game. Have had a good bleach and kids were already bathed so fingers crossed.

LostSight · 21/07/2017 22:15

You are already past 48 hours. Hopefully, if nothing emerges tonight, then there's a good chance you are clear for the weekend. My sympathies are with you. From experience, the waiting and wondering is often the worst part.

Ames33 · 21/07/2017 23:20

Oh @Crunchymum I feel your pain!
Still freaking out here, but getting through it!
DS drank 2 biggish glasses of cold milk tonight then cried because his tummy hurt. Cue me hyperventilating thinking it was coming! Also my hubby feels nauseous tonight because he has changed his iron tablets (he is anaemic). All logic goes out the window and I just freak out and think they are both ill.
Just want this fucking phobia to do one!!

OP posts:
Ames33 · 22/07/2017 10:25

How you doing @Crunchymum? Xx

OP posts:
Crunchymum · 22/07/2017 10:58

So far all quiet here.

The child in question (cousin's boy) was only sick the once so hoping it's not a bug.

I'm feeling sick as a dog but that is pretty normal for me - am almost 12w pregnant and have been feeling nauseous for the past few months. Touch wood haven't been sick but never had anything like this with my other pregnancies.

Bit of a trigger later as DP is going to a house party and I know he'll drink a little too much. We've been together a decade and he has been sick through drink twice (and had two bugs) but things like house parties are always a bit of "thing" for me?? I think it's people pouring their own drinks = get pissed quicker = more chance to vomit. He'll be on the sofa tonight!!!

Ames33 · 22/07/2017 14:59

Yep the drinking is a trigger for me too!
I would love to be pregnant, but I just don't know if I can cope with worrying about 2 of them getting ill, so can't imagine having another 😪

OP posts:
Crunchymum · 22/07/2017 16:02

I didn't think the whole emetophobia / kids thing through if I'm honest.

Luckily mine are relatively robust touch wood but it's still hard.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.