Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

to not understand animal FB accounts ?

17 replies

AlphaBites · 19/07/2017 12:29

Been wasting time this morning avoiding housework on Facebook and found a friend has created a FB account for all her pets.

Nothing new there. However she has posted all on their individual walls 'moaning' messages from the cat to the dog ie "You kept me up last night from all your howling." Or "You need to ask Susan* (then linking herself) to change your litter tray as it stinks" etc. It goes on for ages.

I know it's not harming anyone etc etc but does anyone else find it a bit odd ?

PS I'm starting to think I have spent too much time on FB this morning and yes I need a life 😳

OP posts:
araiwa · 19/07/2017 12:32

Whats worse-people with animal facebook accounts or people who start threads on mn about people who have animal facebook accounts.....?

ProzacAndWinePlease · 19/07/2017 12:48

Well it's not something I'd do, I admit a bit of a fondness to the Twitter accounts of Kitten Academy graduates... Blush

AlphaBites · 19/07/2017 12:49

Aren't you a pleasant individual ? Last time I checked not everything on MN was all serious Hmm

OP posts:
StumpyScot92 · 19/07/2017 12:50

Not a facebook but my dog has an instagram Blush I use her account to follow animals all over the world and pop on it when I need cheered up haha.

I don't care how nuts that makes me she's cute and deserves to be shown off Grin

AlphaBites · 19/07/2017 12:50

That was at araiwa not anyone else Flowers

OP posts:
OrangeFluff · 19/07/2017 12:52

Yep OP, that is bizarre! must take up quite abit of time posting conversations between them all Confused

fourquenelles · 19/07/2017 12:52

I follow an Australian greyhound on Facebook. She has a lot of followers and her owner is very clever and amusing in the way she posts on her behalf. We are a (large) group of people from all over the world who tune in regularly to hear about the latest exploits of our Alice. We post pictures of our dogs (and cats) and share good and bad news. What's the harm?

araiwa · 19/07/2017 12:52

Not everything on facebook is all serious either Confused

FreudianSlurp · 19/07/2017 12:54

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BellaGoth · 19/07/2017 12:55

My dog has a Facebook page. She's a rescue and her friends are the various people who have been involved in her (extensive) rehabilitation. I share photos of her enjoying life after what she went through.

I do agree the discussion between pets is a little odd, but as a pp said, Where's the harm?

Shadow666 · 19/07/2017 12:56

Gosh, I really want to do one for my cats now. I really do need to get out more Grin

everythingissoblinkinrosie · 19/07/2017 12:59

Escapism. Raise animal protection issues with a wider audience.
If it's not for you it's not for you.

AlphaBites · 19/07/2017 13:22

I can assure you this isn't to raise any animal awareness causes, it's all just 'conversations' in the same family. Confused

I CBA with all that.

OP posts:
Iceicemaybe · 19/07/2017 13:23

Sounds like they have far too much time on their hands.

Nikephorus · 19/07/2017 13:26

It's just having a sense of humour, one that's different to yours. Humour is good for your mental health. If it's not impacting you then I don't see the problem.

fsos · 19/07/2017 13:27

You didn't write lighthearted.

Run! Run for the hills!

WhataHexIgotinto · 19/07/2017 13:44

Well I wouldn't do it but it's just a bit of fun innit? My friends dog has FB account and you'll never come across a more foul mouthed, uncouth spaniel in your life! Makes me laugh anyway.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.