Please
or
to access all these features

MNHQ have commented on this thread

AIBU?

To think my hair is serious cause for concern

69 replies

sociallakwardme · 16/07/2017 15:23

I have always had thin hair. Never took much notice of it. It's thick enough at the sides.

People started commenting that my hair had got thin at the top of my head. Mainly my ex. I didn't take too much notice.

Then my parents expressed a concern. I presumed it was because of stress and it would grow back now the stressful situation is over.

But just now I've seen a photo of the back of my head and I'm really shocked!

The back of my head looked quite bald!

I took two photos. One with flash and the other without.

I'm really concern so made an appointment with my GP.

Does this seem like normal thin hair to you? Or actually so thin it looks abnormal?

I am 25 and a healthy weight. Eat a balanced diet. This hair loss seemed to start a year ago. Three years after I gave birth.

OP posts:
Abigail2679 · 20/07/2017 13:30

Thank you everyone.

AnUnhappyStudent · 20/07/2017 13:37

So sorry to hear your diagnosis OP. Once I saw the weigh loss post I was going to suggest an issue with your thyroid as I had experienced very similar symptoms. The main thing to focus on now is your treatment which is very advanced these days although I know that will be little comfort to you at the moment. Flowers

EbayGum · 20/07/2017 14:27

Abigail - so sorry to hear about your diagnosis - but as with all of these things, the earlier its caught the better usually so I'm glad you went to your doctor.

I wish you all the very best in your treatment and best wishes for recovery.

joannegrady90 · 20/07/2017 14:30

Im also b12 deficient and have fine hair.

Regular injections help reduce the amounnt of hair loss I have.

Tazerface · 20/07/2017 14:32

Oh my word I'm so sorry to hear that OP! Flowers

ChazsBrilliantAttitude · 20/07/2017 14:34

NEW POSTERS
Please read the full thread before posting.

The OP has name changed to Abigail 2679 she has a thyroid cancer diagnosis

Redredredrose · 20/07/2017 14:54

So sorry to hear this - all the best for a good recovery.

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet · 20/07/2017 15:19

Hello OP, we're so sorry you have received this diagnosis- all of us at MNHQ wish you the very best with your treatment and recovery. Flowers

LapinR0se · 20/07/2017 15:24

Flowers wishing you all the best Abigail

comedycentral · 20/07/2017 16:29

Wishing you all the best Abigail x

SpiritedLondon · 20/07/2017 16:45

I have a thyroid problem - Graves' disease and I lost shed loads of hair. It covered the back of my jacket etc. I also had significant weight loss when I really shouldn't have and a fast pulse making me breathless. It just needs a quick blood test to establish if you have a thyroid problem and it's easily treated. ( unfortunately I've put the weight back in now. Confused )

SpiritedLondon · 20/07/2017 16:47

Oh so sorry. I've just seen the update. My friend was diagnosed with this and after a short course of treatment was fine. She has been cancer free for many years now. All the best. Flowers

PeppaPigTastesLikeBacon · 20/07/2017 16:56

SpiritedLondon did you not bother to read the thread? Or even just a few posts up? OP has come back and has thyroid cancer!

Flowers for you OP. Hopefully they have caught it quickly enough for effective treatment

aaaaargghhhhelpme · 20/07/2017 17:09

I'm so sorry hear to this. Sending you best wishes and a speedy recovery Flowers

SteffiMuse · 20/07/2017 18:39

So very sad. Take care op

SpiritedLondon · 20/07/2017 18:43

peppapig no I did not read to the end which is why I apologised. Well done for pointing out the blindingly obvious.

Good luck OP. I know everyone is sending positive thoughts your way.

Notknownatthisaddress · 20/07/2017 18:45

Abigail Flowers

Bless you. Hope you'll be OK.

WanderingTrolley1 · 20/07/2017 22:02
Flowers
LittleCandle · 20/07/2017 22:12

So sorry to hear this. I had thyroid cancer 21 years ago. I was very fortunate, and had an encapsulated tumour, so only required surgery. I wish you all the best through your treatment.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.