Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think I've burnt my nipples?

5 replies

Berrygoodteeth · 10/07/2017 21:10

So on Saturday I wore a new top that I'd purchased from a high street store. It was a Bardot style ruffle too which I didn't need to wear a bra for because I've only really got a handful small boobs.

Sat in direct sunlight for about an hour or two off and on- had suncream on my arms and chest.

Later that evening got ready for bed, and suddenly my nipples felt like they were on fire. We had a fan going as it was so hot so didn't notice the pain for a while, but today (sorry TMI) the actual nipple looks charred (!!!) and feels dry and horrible. Have covered myself in eczema cream to try and soothe it, but seriously didn't even consider that I might burn through fabric?!!

OP posts:
GoonBridge · 11/07/2017 20:18

You can burn through fabric - definitely. There are fabrics that SPF ratings.

But I am wondering if you know what "charred" means!? We're your nipples burnt to black and crumbled off when you touched them?

Groupie123 · 11/07/2017 20:40

Did you wash the top before wearing it from new? New Clothes can have all nasties on it, and this might be an allergic reaction or rash. Especially if you haven't been 'burned' elsewhere on your boobs.

CorbynsBumFlannel · 11/07/2017 20:43

I think if it's just the nipples and not the surrounding book it's probably friction from the top rubbing against them during the day. I had this problem with one particular top when I used to have small boobs and could get away without a bra (pre kids - no chance now). Plasters are your friend!

CorbynsBumFlannel · 11/07/2017 20:43

*boob not book haha

GoonBridge · 11/07/2017 20:43

Ah yes - runner's nipple.

Maybe you meant chaffed instead of charred?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.