Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Birthday party #8

12 replies

ButterflyPasta · 07/07/2017 13:41

I am planning a 8th birthday party for my dd. In the past we ahem had rock climbing at a sports centre, Jewellery making and scooter parties.

I am absolutely stuck for ideas for this one.

Shall I do a whole party class (year 3 kids) at a local hall?
Just a few of the girls at our house?

What activities?

What did you dod for your dc 8th birthday?

Sleep over is out of the question as people don't do the yet around here.

She is not into girly stuff like make up etc. but does like baking so a baking party might be an idea?

Please HELP!

Thanks

OP posts:
ButterflyPasta · 07/07/2017 13:42

Excuse my spelling and grammar Blush

OP posts:
RebeccaWithTheGoodHair · 07/07/2017 13:44

For DD's 8th we took all the girls in her class to a petting zoo thingy where they got to do activities like make lunch for the meerkats and whatnot.

Not girly (whatever girly is) but good fun and a bit educational for them. Plus they did really good food, not like some horrible Wacky Warehouse brown mulch.

Justhadmyhaircut · 07/07/2017 13:47

Does she like singing? You can hire a bus studio that parks up somewhere and the dc make a CD. .

Leeds2 · 07/07/2017 13:49

Pizza Express used to do make your own pizza parties, which were always popular.
Build A Bear.
Trampolining.
Pottery painting.

Lindy2 · 07/07/2017 13:52

For that age group we've been to the following types of parties, bowling, laser quest, pizza making, trampoling, cinema and McDonalds, build a bear, disco and bouncy castle.
Some have been big parties some a lot smaller. The children have always had a good time.
At 8 my children would tell me what type of party they would like and how many children they wanted to attend.

BrieAndChilli · 07/07/2017 13:52

Pyjama party - so come in pjs, watch a film, pizza, popcorn, karaoke etc but then they all go home at 9/10pm

Trampoline party at a trampoline centre

For DDs 8th I hired an inflatable hot tub and we had a Hawaiian party with limbo, mocktails in plastic coconuts, etc. Went down a blast. I made a pineapple shaped piñata

user1498213655 · 07/07/2017 13:59

My DD wants to go paintballing - without understanding that it actually hurts! perhaps Laser Quest type things if there are any still around

She went to a camp out recently, which they all really enjoyed. Tent in a nearby field, campfire etc.

Whiterabbitears · 07/07/2017 14:17

We always did bowling with ours, its good because they are kept entertained for an hour or so and they are easy to keep track of because they are all in one place. Burgers and chips afterwards and then birthday cake. Nice and simple and a clean house after too!

theymademejoin · 07/07/2017 14:49

I did baking parties for two of mine. Had about 20 kids for one of them (yeah, I know....). I had 4 "stations" where they did different things - decorating pre-baked cupcakes, making an eton mess type thing (meringues, berries, cream, toppings), making pizza with bought bases, and making cookies with a pre-mixed dough (they added chocolate chips etc)

I bought disposable aprons on e-bay. I divided them into groups and let them at it. Once everyone was finished, they moved on to the next activity.

ButterflyPasta · 07/07/2017 15:28

Thank you, lots of great ideas wise mumsnetters!

She loves singing, so the bus sounds amazing, I googled bus studio but nothing came up, any idea who does this wort of thing?

She also likes painting and pottery so will look into that. The camp out also sounds brilliant but have no tent.

Pizza making at Pizza Express is great too but dd does like pizza Wink

OP posts:
Natural36 · 07/07/2017 19:06

I am doing a bath bomb party for my daughters 9th birthday lush do them they get to make the products and get £10_to spend in store costs £20 per child. I went with someone else who I know makes bath bombs as a business at home and has done parties though

LooksBetterWithAFilter · 07/07/2017 19:45

One of the parties that did the rounds here and ds1 went to a few was wheels parties.
The parents all hired a hall and the kids turned up with roller skates, scooters, swegways everything except bikes. They mostly seemed to go round and round for ages then did races and things by type of wheels.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.