Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think that 'sofa duvet' nights are about comfort not about keeping warm

36 replies

Buildalegohouse · 02/07/2017 19:59

I have had a long and stressful few weeks at work, I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I'm exhausted. I want to go to bed now but I also want to stay up and watch The Handmaid's Tale. Just put DD to bed and showered, lit scented candles and snuggled down on the sofa with the duvet.

Had 5 minutes of calm bliss before DH came home and started whinging that there was no need for the duvet as 'it's not even cold'. Hmm

I moved the duvet to my length of L shaped sofa so it wasn't even touching him and he's still huffing that he doesn't know why I need the duvet.

Tried explaining that it is just comforting and makes he feel relaxed but he 'doesn't get it'.

Anyone able to back me up? Do other people find this comforting even when it's not cold or is it just a winter thing?

OP posts:
paxillin · 02/07/2017 20:40

Tell him you're practising for when you are 8 month pregnant and there won't be room on the sofa for him.

steff13 · 02/07/2017 20:43

We have several blankets in the family room. It's just taking the duvet from the bed that I'd object to. Maybe because we eat on the sofa? I don't know.

youarenotkiddingme · 02/07/2017 20:45

I'm sat on my L shaped sofa - alone! - with a pillow on my lap and a blanket over my legs. Except because I'm warm it's literally like this .....

To think that 'sofa duvet' nights are about comfort not about keeping warm
youarenotkiddingme · 02/07/2017 20:46

It is definitely a comfort thing.

But like PP 1 have 2 blankets that fold up and are on back of sofa rather than being duvet in.

Rossigigi · 02/07/2017 20:56

Blankie- cheetah is always on the sofa with me its ultimate comfort

EekThreek · 02/07/2017 21:07

I'm 10 weeks tomorrow, and I've been going to bed at 8.30 just to lie down and wrap myself in duvet.

Every night DH makes a little sad face because he doesn't want to sit downstairs on his own but I just want comfort, and quiet and relative dark.

You keep your duvet OP.

lemondropcake · 02/07/2017 21:23

I bring my duvet down every night to watch telly if it's cold or not. I don't see why it has to impact him so much, nobody is forcing him under it.

alisonyawn · 02/07/2017 21:31

YANBU!
I always have my blanket on the sofa with me no matter the weather. It's a comfort thing. Although when I'm hot, I stick my legs out the bottom to cool myself down.

Me and DH have a sofa each to be fair though 😂😂

Freshprincess · 02/07/2017 21:40

I wouldn't bring the duvet down. Duvet on the sofa is for when you're sick. ive got sofa blankets though, Me and the dcs love them. When my DCs stay out at my parents they take a blanket with them specifically for when they're watching the tv.

FeckinCrutches · 02/07/2017 21:46

Is there anything more ridiculous than a grown man sulking? Because he wants a cuddle? Hmm I couldn't be doing with that shit.

SprinklesandIcecream · 02/07/2017 21:53

I thought you'd put your toddler to bed already. Sounds like he's still sat next to you Grin

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.