Mumsnet Logo
My feed

to access all these features


Parent Lives abroad

3 replies

Emsoo · 24/06/2017 21:34

Hiya everyone looking for some advice really. I have a 3yr old son and we live in the UK and are both British born. My ex partner is american and moved back there when my son was 6months old. He rarely pays child support so I filed in the end. When he heard this he threatened to file custody papers now I'm wondering how he would do this and if anyone knows what would happen? My son knows nothing about his father as my ex couldn't be bothered to call even though for a year I asked every week if he would call our son but he choose not to. I still send him regular pictures and updates. Any advice would be appreciated.

OP posts:

CrazedZombie · 24/06/2017 21:39

It's strange that he won't pay child maintenance but will pay £1000s on legal fees.
If he wanted regular contact then he'd have to fly here etc which is even more money. 🤔

Yanbu to expect a financial contribution for your ex.


Emsoo · 24/06/2017 21:49

I honestly don't understand why he's being so difficult. He has a well played job and I give him regular updates I've even told him to come visit but he won't it's too expensive. I'm just trying to find out really what to expect if he applies for custody.

OP posts:

Familyof3or4 · 24/06/2017 22:40

It won't go well fur him if he has avoided contact for a year. Let him waste his money pursuing it but I bet it was just to threaten you and he won't actually do it

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?