Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To have done ALL the washing?

53 replies

EssieTregowan · 15/06/2017 12:31

I know I'm not. I just want to brag a bit. I don't think I've ever done all the washing before in my entire life.

Two empty hampers, everything washed, dried and put away. To achieve the putting away bit I had to do some pretty ruthless culling of everyone's drawers and wardrobe. DS2 had SIXTY THREE too small items in his drawers. The teenagers had loads too. I've Kondoed all their drawers so it all looks fabulous.

Anyway. I'm now onto the bedding, which I only did a few days ago, because I'm on a laundry roll and don't want to waste the sunshine. I might even iron my duvet cover.

Has anyone else ever achieved this wondrous feat? I feel like I should get a medal.

OP posts:
Llamacorn · 15/06/2017 13:45

Enjoy it.. because it won't last Grin
I'm such a buzz kill.... but.....
The bottom of the hampers will not be empty at bed time tonight, kondo folding is ace thoughunless your kids are allowed in their own drawers

EssieTregowan · 15/06/2017 13:48

Definitely yourcar.

The other week I left a load out for four straight days because it kept raining. I knew the sun would shine and undo all the rain and darling eventually.

OP posts:
SquinkiesRule · 15/06/2017 13:54

Oww I kondo folded all my knickers, the drawer looks empty and I can see all the pretty colours in a row.
I want to do it with Dh's tee shirt drawer but he's being resistive party pooper

HotelEuphoria · 15/06/2017 13:55

Occasionally I have done this. Very, very occasionally.

YANBU, enjoy your moment.

yourcarisnotadiscovery · 15/06/2017 13:55

Marvellous - thank you for the confirmation! I too am washing bedding but through necessity not goddess-ness

Tomorrowillbeachicken · 15/06/2017 14:03

My dirty washing pile only ever stays empty for a few minutes.

BeyondThePage · 15/06/2017 14:05

nononononononononononono... Shock

you have jinxed it - everyone knows you leave a couple of things at the bottom of the laundry basket or some disaster involving poop, puke or other bodily fluids will befall you within the next 48 hours!

I feel for you, I really do....

FakePlasticTeaLeaves · 15/06/2017 14:08

Oh that sounds very cathartic!

I actually never do any washing at all at my DP likes to do it (and the cooking/cleaning. It really is awesome) I shall encourage him to do ALL off it when he gets home.

TieGrr · 15/06/2017 14:14

Have done it once. Cue DP seeing an empty laundry basket and filling it with all the clothes that were in his 'too dirty for the wardrobe, too clean for the basket' pile.

diddl · 15/06/2017 14:22

I frequently do all the washing & get it dry when the weather is like this.

Ironing/putting away, not so muchGrin

steppemum · 15/06/2017 14:24

well, my basket is empty every Saturday, me and dh and 3 kids.
But I can hang it all up in utility room, so don;t need to wait for one load to dry.
First load goes in Fri nighte with school clothes and rest done on Saturday/Sunday.
All dry by Mon morning, but never ever put away as kids are supposed to do that themselves!

LittleBeautyBelle · 15/06/2017 14:24

Well done, I've never heard of laundry being completely finished at a moment in time before.

I have an almost empty two compartment laundry hamper. One load in the wash and one load in the dryer that has just pinged.

There are piles of folded clothes and bedding on top of the dining room table I need to put away, a few nylon shirts of dh's hanging to dry, little piles of clothes in one of the bedrooms I need to stash in drawers, but other than that....

The beds are made though!!

stuntcamel · 15/06/2017 14:28

If you haven't ironed anything then you are not a laundry goddess

A laundry goddess gets someone else to do the ironing Grin

WashBasketsAreUs · 15/06/2017 14:31

I have a tendency to put the wash basket full of clean clothes upstairs with the good intention of putting it away later. Never happens. By the end of the week I have about 2/3 wash baskets of clean clothes waiting ( hence my user name!).
When I put it away I get my husband's uniform out and leave it in piles for each day - Monday, full kit, trousers shirt jumper pants and socks. Rest of the week - shirt pants and socks each day in one big pile. Result! I don't have to put it away, he's not banging about on my side of the bed each day hunting for his uniform in the wardrobe.

caffeinestream · 15/06/2017 14:47

I frequently empty the laundry baskets and hang washing out. Taking it off the line, folding it and putting it away is quite another matter!

kaytee87 · 15/06/2017 15:01

caffeine do you leave it outside to get darked on? Shock

Tokelau · 15/06/2017 15:05

Last night I left the washing out and it got darked on and rained on. I left it out and it dried again. Later I will iron some of it. Should I be banned from Mumsnet? Grin

kaytee87 · 15/06/2017 15:08

toke if you spray some zoflora on it all is forgiven.

Tokelau · 15/06/2017 15:10

Kaytee, I don't have any zoflora.

kaytee87 · 15/06/2017 15:11

neither do I Grin

Jecan · 15/06/2017 15:16

I've got a bit too much time on my hands but I have revolutionised my life by only doing washing on a Monday and a Friday. There's 5 of us but I get it all done on those days and on sunny days all put away at the end of the day too.
The kids know the washing gets done on those days and if they want it done quicker they know where the machine is.

movpov · 15/06/2017 15:29

What sunshine? It's absolutely chucking it down here (I'm in Scotland). No chance of any washing out here today - again. Sigh...

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Nikephorus · 15/06/2017 15:33

Am I the only one wanting to see pictures of the beautifully-arranged drawers? (Probably, but it would make me very happy)

EssieTregowan · 15/06/2017 15:49

Nike, I'm in the garden right now but next time I go upstairs I'll take a picture for you.

OP posts:
Tazerface · 15/06/2017 16:33

Off topic, but is your user name from American Gods?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.