Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To eat the strawberries?

5 replies

justwhiisitwhosvotingtory · 11/06/2017 18:47

There's a rat in the garden, what can we do?

Went to the compost bin early this morning and a massive rat ran out and over my foot. It's the first sign we've seen anything of them but I had thought that the snails/slugs woodmouse have been very hungry lately.

I am feeling a bit icky now as the DCs have been helping themselves to strawberries all week. I'll be calling the council first thing in the morning to book pest control, but am wondering in the meantime what to do with the strawberries? Lots of lovely ripe ones sitting there ready for picking. Will they be alright with a good wash?

OP posts:
Mumoftu · 11/06/2017 18:50

I'd wash and eat. Who knows what wildlife has been all over the ones you buy in the shops?

NellieFiveBellies · 11/06/2017 18:53

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lljkk · 11/06/2017 18:59

Slugs & the odd centipede have been at my strawberries. Not counting the blackbirds who get at them, too. Rather share with them than have a garden full of poisonous chemicals.

justwhiisitwhosvotingtory · 11/06/2017 20:20

Thank you! Well washed and here they are.

To eat the strawberries?
OP posts:
Lupinhere37 · 11/06/2017 20:57

You can always dilute Milton and wash in that, then re-rinse to get rid of the Milton taste. Instructions on the label. I've washed home grown salad stuff this way when the pets have been rifling through the planters.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.