My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To be beyond thrilled that UKIP is finished?

51 replies

20nil · 09/06/2017 01:10

Just that. Best news of the night Smile

OP posts:
Ceto · 09/06/2017 02:11

Too many realisticallys there. It's getting late Blush

Dandandandandandandan · 09/06/2017 02:12

UKIP 2? I guess he pretty much was UKIP. For some reason lots of people seemed to like the slimy frog faced twat!

SilverdaleGlen · 09/06/2017 02:34

Frog faced twat

Possibly the most accurate descriptor I've ever heard of anyone. Toad of toad hall well done!

20nil · 09/06/2017 02:35

OMFG even better news: Philip Davies has lost!!!!!!!!

OP posts:
metspengler · 09/06/2017 02:36

Forecast Tory majority has gone up by 8 seats since exit poll. Hope it keeps moving up.

metspengler · 09/06/2017 02:36

Ooh, wrong election thread sorry!

LightDrizzle · 09/06/2017 02:51

YANBU, but I don't trust that twat Farage not to make a return to the political frontline if Brexit looks soft or in jeopardy. He's like herpes that man, you're never truly rid of him.

Atenco · 09/06/2017 05:05

The BBC will keep on giving them lots of airtime.

HorraceTheOtter · 09/06/2017 05:10

I am fucking delighted. No matter what else happens, it can only be a good thing.

MoominFlaps · 09/06/2017 05:17

Won't bother me - we'd emigrate. He's made it perfectly clear that high earners aren't wanted in his vision of Britain!

1. Bit dramatic of you no?

1. Speaking as a high earning household, bollocks. Pleased to pay more taxes for the benefit of others.
Pooka · 09/06/2017 05:43

High earning household. Happy to pay more tax to achieve better funded/protected national education and health services.

picklemepopcorn · 09/06/2017 05:58

People who voted UKIP are still there though, with their attitudes...

makeourfuture · 09/06/2017 06:03

Something we can all agree on.

Slarti · 09/06/2017 06:21

UKIP were always given more kudos than they really deserved. Treated by the media like they were the third party when only a handful of nutters ever voted for them.

I think we need to be worried about the DUP.

Dandandandandandandan · 09/06/2017 06:27

Absolutely not, moomin. I already pay a fortune; I do not want to see it increase yearly and disappear into a black hole as corbyn borks the economy by failing to understand business and breeding his giant swollen state dinosaur experiment. I won't be the only one, so be careful what you wish for about paying more!

MoominFlaps · 09/06/2017 06:44

Yes but you do know the Tories are likely staying in right?

ParadiseCity · 09/06/2017 06:46

YANBU, goodbye UKIP you won't be missed by me Grin

originalbiglymavis · 09/06/2017 06:46

Didn't farage offer to step back into running the party or something? It did I dream that?

Westray · 09/06/2017 06:48

Former UKIP leader Nigel Farage said Brexit "is in some trouble" if Jeremy Corbyn forms a coalition and he will "have absolutely no choice" but to come back into British politics

BBC

originalbiglymavis · 09/06/2017 06:51

I really can't stand that horrible little toad.

MaisyPops · 09/06/2017 06:51

I am glad they've gone.

But, in my (Labour) constituency UKIP's drop was the Tory gain. With the most right wing Tory manifesto in years, it's no surprise that the UKIP vote went to the conservatives.

I'm still bitter about the fact that such a minority party has been given so much air time in the last few years that's they've controlled mainstream politics.

Nobody gave the green party so much air time. If they did, maybe we'd have electoral reform on the agenda.

Needanewaura · 09/06/2017 07:14

Although it's nice to have got rid of such a horrible party predicated on such nasty views, unfortunately the people that hold them still exist. They just feel they've got what they wanted with Brexit so can now vote for other issues. But there are still a significant minority of people who hold these abhorrent views, and we are stuck with them. I didn't realise how many of them still existed until the Brexit vote emboldened them to come out of the woodwork (and before I get slammed by non-UKIP Brexit-supporting people, yes I know there were lots of people who voted Brexit but hate UKIP, but there are also many people who were interviewed and voted Brexit purely because of immigration). I was shocked because I'd naively bought into the idea that most, but clearly not all, British people shared views of tolerance and openness. Recent events have really shaken that belief. I identify with being a Londoner but I'm not sure if I identify with British people any more.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

DawnOfTheMombie · 09/06/2017 07:17

"Absolutely no choice"

Christ he really has inflated his sense of importance Confused

lieka · 09/06/2017 07:30

They've not gone and they're not finished though. They got what they wanted with Brexit and they've gone mainstream.

UnmentionedElephantDildo · 09/06/2017 07:33

UKIP has only gone away as long as Brexit stays.

What Brexit will look like now is a bit iffy.

The clock is ticking now, and (whatever sort of Brexit you want) I think the chances of an adequate deal have just gone down

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.