My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Tooth extraction tomorrow (today to be specific)...and i'm terrified.

30 replies

Charlieandthechocolatecake · 08/06/2017 01:22

I have 3 broken teeth. Too broken to save. Two are coming out tomorrow and the last on Monday.

I am terrified.

MY lovely GP has prescribed diazepam but I'm still scared.

The first 2 teeth were broken 10 years ago eating Galaxy chocolate. I went to my dentist the same day and was physically held down in the chair. Hence the dental anxiety. I have had constant pain since then and have broken and paid for no less than 10 appointments to extract them. I have never fine through with them.

Tomorrow, I have to go, I can't take the pain anymore. I can't take chewing using my front teeth. I've had enough.

GP told me to take 1 5mg tab in the morning and 2 5mg tabs an hour before the appointment.

Please tell me I will be ok?

OP posts:
Charlieandthechocolatecake · 08/06/2017 16:46

So I went. Anxiety slightly lowered.dentist couldn't do it. The numbing injections number the area surrounding the tooth out not the tooth itself. The pain I felt when he dug into it was excruciating.

He's referred me to the hospital for iv sedation.

Only thing is I don't think I will be able to go. We have no family or friends here to look after the boys while dp accompany me.

I just feel disheartened now.

OP posts:
Namechangecentralstation · 08/06/2017 16:50

Oh OP that sounds so hard, but a massive well done for going Flowers

I am in a similar position, am on an 8 month waiting list for sedation to remove 3 teeth and root canal in a further two - it's the root canal I need the sedation for.

If you're anywhere in the north east I'll happily help Smile

LorLorr2 · 08/06/2017 19:22

Amazing that you did go along after so many cancelled appointments!! Well done!
Do the kids not have any friends themselves who they could go round to for a long playdate?

Nikephorus · 08/06/2017 19:36

Flowers That sucks OP. Hope you find a childcare solution somehow.

GlitterGlue · 08/06/2017 19:40

Oh no.

Just so you know, oh doesn't need to stay at the hospital. He could just pick you up. In fact, they may agree to you going home in a taxi as long as he's waiting at home.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.