Mumsnet Logo
My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

to feel HOMICIDAL WITH RAGE when people.......

13 replies

Greensleeves · 26/02/2007 17:35

....on ebay put "wow" in the item title? As in "WOW [email protected]@K 3-4 boys' vests BNIP" or "wow bob builder wellies"?

It's the Uriah Heap-ness of it. It makes me feel as though I am being jabbed in the ribs by some nauseating obsequious hand-rubbing leering overfamiliar grubby-fingered unsavoury little shopkeeper.

I feel much better now.

OP posts:

VeniVidiVickiQV · 26/02/2007 17:38

Very much so.

But, its an admirable trait

Greensleeves · 26/02/2007 17:44

Thanks (I think)

OP posts:

isaidno · 26/02/2007 17:45

not unreasonable at all

VeniVidiVickiQV · 26/02/2007 17:45

Greeny - you know I love you

danceswithnewboots · 26/02/2007 17:45

no and most eloquently put

Greensleeves · 26/02/2007 18:00

I blame the rash of bloody manuals full of mean little tricks for wringing more money out of the vulnerable and dim-witted by flogging tat on ebay. I bet they tell you to use words like "wow" and "[email protected]@k". I also hate it when you click on something because it says "really cute little XXX, looks gorgeous on" or "Look at this beautiful XXX", and when you look at it it's as plain as fuck and not distinctive in any way at all. Wankshafting fucking sellers.

OP posts:

Boco · 27/02/2007 22:46

Yes yes yes. And when an item has [email protected]@K! in the title, but no little picture, and you dont' want to look because you're not even interested, but because it's telling you to look, a little nagging voice says 'just take a quick look, it might be really something - might be just what you're looking for!' - so you click on it, and its a manky asda piece of crap and you feel cheated and ashamed. Bastards.

UnquietDad · 27/02/2007 22:55

At least you recognise a manky asda piece of crap when you see one, so you won't get shafted. Think how much worse it would be if you'd actually bought it!

madamez · 28/02/2007 00:59

Not unreasonable in the least. Though Ebay, bless 'em, do discourage people from putting [email protected]@@@WW!! in titles because (not in ther words) it really fcks the potential buyer off. I've found that putting lots of useful keywords in an ebay title helps, though (still glowing smugly about having sold an elderly, though perfect, comic for a really stratling sum of money. Which makes up for all the stuff that doesn't sell till about 4th listing (at 45p a go) and then only goes for 95p....

I'll get me Ebaycoat and go...

wanderingstar · 28/02/2007 10:29

I don't look at all when people put [email protected]@K or [email protected]

Enid · 28/02/2007 10:31

lol boco

Greeves · 28/02/2007 10:35

Oh I am glad someone has bumped this, I am feeling particularly bilious towards ebay this morning, having almost bought some "Oh wow bargain" little boys' vests and then seen from the enlarged picture that they are the quality and texture of single ply toilet paper.

Thcc · 09/04/2023 23:31

This reply has been deleted

This has been deleted by MNHQ for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Previously banned poster.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?