Please or to access all these features

AIBU?

Share your dilemmas and get honest opinions from other Mumsnetters.

to accept a job offer today when I have a interview next week...

27 replies

vindscreenviper · 18/09/2014 15:05

... for a much better job.
I know that I can't really say no to the offer because I may not get the dream job next week, but I feel a bit shitty accepting this job knowing that I will drop it in a heartbeat before I even start if I am successful next Friday.
I've never been in this position before, so AIBU to accept this job but secretly hope I will be contacting them next week to say I've changed my mind?
I appreciate that this is a first-world problem that many people would like to have, but to be honest I only posted hoping that lots of HR people would reply saying "No, YANBU, I never loathe and detest the selfish bastards who waste everbody's time doing this" Grin

OP posts:
daisychain01 · 19/09/2014 23:23

Hi vipers thanks for the update. Sounds like a great plan and you did the right thing re Job 1.

By the time you get their Ts and Cs, you will be closer to your Job 2 interview, which buys you a few extra days' grace and if the i/v goes well, they may make a quick decision which means you are able to give Job 1 more notice about your choice.

Take care and good luck for your I/v
DC

Ss770640 · 02/10/2018 23:11

Old thread but I'd like to throw in my piece:

  1. Accept verbally and ask to see contract.
  1. Stall with questions, further info, postage delays etc until you get clarity on job 2.
New posts on this thread. Refresh page