Through my dads nectar points we get free merlin annual passes each year. We didnt renew them until last weekend this year becasue of the weather.
So on saturday we got to Thorpe park as the boys (10 and 15) want to go on swarm. I dont normally mind Thorpe Park as there are a few things for the younger ones to go on, whilst the older two go on the rollercoasters.
It would seem this season all of the younger childrens rides have gone! dd who is 6 had gone on the mini pirate ship ride (think they call it the banana boat) in the morning with her 15yr old brother and then we all went on storm surge and logger leap. Then while the boys queued for nemesis inferno i took dd to the train ride where you count bears, well thast no longer there, so i thought id send dd onto the small train roundabout last year she was going on it on her own, this year she was told she needed a grown up, so the boys come back and 15yr old ds takes her on but is told he cant as has to be over 18! so he says he will take her back on the boat, again hes turned away as not over 18 but yet has already taken her on it that very day.
Thorpe park are ignoring the younger market and its now not somewhere we can go as a family with a mixed age range (i have a younger dd who doesn tlike the train and also a bad back which was already playing up after loggers leap). This is no longer a family theme park and purely aimed at teenagers and above.
So am i bu to send an email to complain about the lack of rides for younger children?