Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

to sit in the garden with a large glass of chilled white wine

18 replies

lemonbeaver · 25/04/2011 14:41

while DH has taken the kids on a long bike ride........nah course not, just thought i'd mention it Wine [buwink]

OP posts:

BornAgainDomesticGoddess · 25/04/2011 14:44

Yes YABVU for telling us that, actually. I am currently in Dubai where there are no off licences. I would love to have a large glass of chilled white wine in the garden. Alas, I can only dream.

[jealous]

lemonbeaver · 25/04/2011 15:00

ahhh, sorry but tell you what i will have another shortly just for you if thats ok? Wink

OP posts:

fivegomadindorset · 25/04/2011 15:01

Gin here.

pozzled · 25/04/2011 15:01

Yes, YABU as I am now insanely jealous.

BornAgainDomesticGoddess · 25/04/2011 15:01

Oh, f* O**!!! Grin

Sorry lemonbeaver, I'm only joking, enjoy your wine Smile !

worraliberty · 25/04/2011 15:03

I'm weird like that. I love a drink at night, especially a chilled white wine in summer but I just never drink alcohol in the day.

Perhaps it's because I find it so more-ish Blush

lemonbeaver · 25/04/2011 15:03

And there i was trying to nice.....now just for that i'm going to have some nibbles and homemade salsa as well Smile!!

OP posts:

worraliberty · 25/04/2011 15:06

I should warn you I may trace your IP address and come and hunt you down for the salsa and nibbles Shock

lemonbeaver · 25/04/2011 15:08

Just pm me and i will give you my address, i have plenty to go round....must say salsa is rather good but i will not be using the term nom nom at any point today Grin

OP posts:

worraliberty · 25/04/2011 15:12

Oh dear god I'm so pleased to hear that Grin

And if you could also refrain from saying 'they're simply to die for' that would also be good {twitching}

QuintEggSentialPaints · 25/04/2011 15:14

yab totally u.

It should be ME.

oh, hang on, we have 7 degrees and rain. And no chance to sit in the garden for another few months.

dubaipieeye · 25/04/2011 15:16

Bornagain, there are off licenses round the back of nearly every supermarket in Dubai. You just need an alcohol license to buy it - do you know anyone who has one? If I were there I would offer you a glass of white in my garden!

lemonbeaver · 25/04/2011 15:18

Must go DH has just returned and is sharing wine.....but has said all are welcome....Wink

OP posts:

BornAgainDomesticGoddess · 25/04/2011 15:26

dubaipieeye, unfortunately I don't have an Alcohol Licence Sad. Anyway, I didn't think there were any off licences here? Why does everyone go to Barracuda?

dubaipieeye · 25/04/2011 15:30

Barracuda is tax free - much, much cheaper. There are loads of off licenses - MMI and A&E are the main brands - usually tucked away round the back of Spinneys. You can go along and ask for a license application and usually they will serve you that day as you are applying...whereabouts are you? I'll try to think of your closest shop...

BornAgainDomesticGoddess · 25/04/2011 15:37

You can go along and ask for a license application and usually they will serve you that day as you are applying.

No way!!! I'm in The Springs.

dubaipieeye · 25/04/2011 15:48

I say usually - no promises! We lived on the Ranches before and the A&E there would serve us on "their" license before we had ours and when ours expired...

here is a list of A&E stores and

here is a list of MMI stores.

Happy drinking!!

BornAgainDomesticGoddess · 25/04/2011 16:07

Thanks dubaipieeye - much appreciated Grin

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?