My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Allergies and intolerances

Intolerance, Reflux? Windy 12 month old - HELP

7 replies

Worrier28 · 20/04/2010 10:56

I was wondering if you could help, I have posted about wind in my DS before and have been waiting for it to pass. I?ve been repeatly told he will grow out of it and I thought it was down to his formula (he has eczema). He was weaned at about 5 months and has always been windy from both ends, he is now 12 months and it is worse than ever. He is only having one formula bottle at night and oat milk with his cereal (readybrek or oatabix). His wind is worse than ever and he cannot sleep more than an hour, not sure what the problem is and at the end of my tether. He is also has a constant cold, any suggestions? I?m wondering if it is the oat milk/ cereal as that is the only thing that has really changed? HELP.

In the early days I asked about reflux and was told it wasn't, just so hard at the moment.

OP posts:
Igglybuff · 20/04/2010 14:21

Hi worrier. To be honest, it sounds like intolerance to something. I'd push for a referral to a dietary paediatrician - 12 months is a long time to wait for him to "grow out" of it. Keep pushing your GP until they get help as sleep that bad is not good for him or you!
The constant cold - is it a stuffy nose? That and the eczema make it sound like he's allergic to something (could be cows milk in the formula?)

Good luck.

simpson · 20/04/2010 16:38

Could you swap the oat milk for rice milk with weetabix to see if it is the oats??

My DD is intolerant to dairy (lactose) and soya and the most recent one is oats.

She was 8mths when we went dairy/soya free but did not cut out oats till she was 18mths (she is now 2) as it was a more recent discovery iyswim.

Also if cutting out oats does not change anything then you know that his formula is probably the culprit.

Worrier28 · 21/04/2010 09:59

Many thanks for your replies, just wondering if you could be intolerate to oat milk but not oats? As he was having oat baby cereal without a problem.

OP posts:
Igglybuff · 21/04/2010 12:14

Msybe the baby oat cereal has been modified so gentler? Has he had normal porridge oats?

Worrier28 · 22/04/2010 10:19

Not had normal porrrige oats, perhaps it is the cereal he is on. Will be changing on Monday.

The good news is, they are going to take blood and examine his stools, I just need to bring him to the clinic and will be doing that at somepoint next week.

OP posts:
Worrier28 · 22/04/2010 10:21

PS thanks for your replies.

OP posts:
Igglybuff · 22/04/2010 12:29

Good luck with the tests. I hope you get to the bottom of it!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.