My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Allergies and intolerances

Allergies and Financial help?

2 replies

rugrats3 · 11/04/2010 17:32

My daughter has multiple food allergies/intolerances.
I know there is a big differance between them.
she has been referred back to the allergy clinic due to a episode of wheezing and a rash last week which I dont know what caused it.
I am up 2-4 times a night for her due to her diarrohea,each time she needs to be completely stripped down and bathed.
My dr has now put wheat,dairy,soya and egg free stuff on prescription (very limited amount available)
Is there any other help I can get.
Please excuse any spelling mistakes, any advice would be greatly appreciated

OP posts:
3l15a8eth · 11/04/2010 18:24

Your really lucking you have anything on prescription. Are daughter is wheat and dairy free we get no help. We have found all the bread is not very nice. the roll from Salisbury and asda are ok so she has rivita most of the time. WE have now managed to get her out of nappies in the day and most of the time she gets up in the night she is now 4 going on 16. We find we have to cheek everything even if ti was ok last time we went shopping. Cross contamination seam to be are biggest problem now. Pre school are brill they make wheat free playdough as a few of the children can't eat wheat but small people still put fingers in there mouths. Fay ripley's Family food has been a really good book for us Fay can't have wheat so most of the food is free from wheat. Hope some of this helps feel free to email back

rugrats3 · 11/04/2010 18:44

Thank you for replying
It was the dieticain that has written to my daughters doctor asking him to prescribe certain food.
I know what you mean about double checking everything,its a nightmare but its worth it rto double check as I cant stand seeing my daughter in pain.
Does anyone know of any dressings that can go into the nappy area?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.