My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Allergies and intolerances

could this be a milk allergy in 6 month old

9 replies

mama2leah · 27/01/2009 13:57

i gave my daughter porridage today for the first time, half to an hour after that she has been crying non stop, nothin consoles her, really fussy...

id unno wat 2 do...
my gp is rubbish...
and i cnt get thru to hv

OP posts:
eleanorsmum · 27/01/2009 14:00

try nhs direct

CantSleepWontSleep · 27/01/2009 14:14

It could be (though more likely an intolerance than an allergy), or it could be a gluten intolerance if it's the first time she's had it, or she might just have sore teeth/head etc.

Have you got some gripe water in? Give her a dose if you have. Used to help my dd a bit (she was milk intolerant).

CantSleepWontSleep · 27/01/2009 14:15

Oh, and don't give her any other dairy just yet.

What foods has she tried up to now?

mama2leah · 27/01/2009 14:31

fruits, veg, toast, crossiant (butter) rice...

i rang nhs direct, told me i shud puree her food...seemed kinda useless...

she has ecezma.

OP posts:
CantSleepWontSleep · 27/01/2009 14:45

Well since she's already had both dairy and gluten, it's less likely to be an intolerance.

Is she ff as well, as that's made from cows' milk, though processed enough that not all babies react to it?

Perhaps she's just having an off day and it's a coincidence.

If you want to be sure though, then don't give her any dairy products for a week or so, and then give her a couple of teaspoons of cows' milk and see if she reacts the same.

mama2leah · 27/01/2009 14:53

breastfeed...
the crossiant was buttered ( i didnt add butter to it) gluten, what was that in?

im a first time mum, and im so worried, every1 has scared me she has an allergy due to her ecezma..im hopin its an off day.

i googled and it sed fussiness is a sign of intolarnce.

OP posts:
CantSleepWontSleep · 27/01/2009 14:59

Gluten is in toast and croissant, plus the oats today.

Fussiness can be a sign of intolerance, but babies fuss for all sorts of reasons.

Is she sick very much?

Has she stopped crying now?

CantSleepWontSleep · 27/01/2009 15:00

Do you eat a lot of dairy btw? Both of mine have reacted to even the slightest trace in my diet, so I have to go dairy free.

mama2leah · 27/01/2009 15:42

yeh loadsssssssssssss of dairy..she puked up and now is ok... im hopin jus coincidence...

thanx cantsleep...

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.